3. Innocence

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

"Fuck," I say opening my eyes. I already don't remember my dumb ass dream. I just remember it being dumb as hell.
I have school at 7:30 and my alarm is set to 6:30. I remember what happened in the bathroom yesterday. Kentrell's hands running along his body. How rough but gentle his touch was. The skin to skin contact.

"Horace Bernard Walls THE THIRD," I heard my grandma yell.

"Im getting up granny!" i scream loud enough so she can hear. I really don't feel like repeating myself. I have a banging headache so I could just stay in the house but I think its better if I get out today.

I get out of bed, feeling the cold hardwood floor as I walk into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I look in the mirror and see a hickey on my neck. "When the fuck did that even get there," I sigh.
Imma have to cover it up with a hoodie or sun.

I brush my teeth AND my tongue. Cause some stank ass hoes dont brush they tongue and wonder why they breath be smelling like Jeffery Dahmer's fridge but anyways.

I walk back to my room throwing on my grey Nike Tech and some white Air Force 1s. I put on deodorant. I look in the mirror before i put on my favorite cologne. Then I put my Airpods in my pocket so I can ignore everyone at school today.

My dad did just die. And I wanna cry thinking about it but maybe school will be a distraction.

I walk down stairs hearing the sizzle of bacon.

My grandma had already set me a plate of toast with strawberry jam and bacon.

"Thank you granny," I say.

"Of course baby," she says with a smile, " and if you need me to pick you up early just text me and I'll be there."

"Thanks Grandma," I say sighing before sitting down to eat.
I only have like 30 minutes to get to school. So imma have to eat quick.

I get a text. Its from Sheyaa he is asking if im going to school. I said yeah. He said he'll meet me at the front of the school. I said okay.

I finish eating and get up. I wash, dry, and put up my plate.

"Ready to go?" my grandma asks.

"Yeah," I say.

"Okay get in the car I'll be out in a few," she says.

I take the keys and exit the house. I start the car and think about what happened yesterday. "Will I even see Kentrell again? How old was he anyway?"I think.

My grandma gets in the driver seat and starts the car. She plays Pound Town 2 as she starts driving.

"That nigga dick a bitch downnnn," my grandma says.

"Granny ew what the hell," I say.

"Boy if you dont shut up the whole family would have heard you getting dicked down if it wasn't for the music playing," she said laughs, " and watch your mouth."

My face turns a bright red. She just turns the volume up. I stay quiet for the rest of the ride.

I get to the front of the school and see Sheyaa. His face tattoos make him look sexy but I don't like him like that. He look a lil stank i dont know.

"Hey Bernie," he says bringing me in for a hug.

I've always hated that name. When he found out my middle name was Bernard he started calling me Bernie and I hate it. I aint no old man. But I like him so I shut up. Im really not in the mood right now.