Chapter Seventy

Paige keeps trying to make the best of things. She rides the horses with the kids.

Much to the dismay of Michael, Bill, and Javon, she's even taken them out for a drive in her car a couple of times.

Last night things changed, they were almost back to normal.

Paige and Michael hung in the kitchen after the kids went to their rooms.

Paige sat on the counter eating watermelon from a bowl beside her. Michael leaned against the counters in the corner.

As of now, Paige and Michael have been acting as friends and that little flirting of middle schoolers through smiles and comments. But no kiss or 'I love you's yet.

Michael was already in his pajamas but Paige was still in skinny jeans. Definitely not sleeping material.

She hops down and murmurs through the watermelon, "I'm gonna go change."

She jogs to her room without a sound. She picks a pair of shorts and a T-shirt. She pauses as she looks at the drawer holding her bras. She debates wearing one. If she doesn't, it's definitely noticeable. Her Ds stand out against her tiny frame.

She bites the bottom of her lip and pulls off her clothes and puts the shorts and top on without a bra.

She takes a breath and turns to walk back out to the kitchen.

She walks back to the counter and leans back to hop back on it. In the middle of pulling herself up, she lowers herself back down.

She takes two steps across to Michael and grabs his cup of water, putting it on the counter.

One look in his eyes at that moment shows her the chemistry between them.

It seemed as though they both had the same idea because their lips met midway to each other.

Paige pushes her body up against Michael's and puts her hand around his neck. He holds his hands on her waist and starts making his way down to her hips.

As if knowing what he was going to do Paige spins around and jumps back on the counter. Michael steps in between her legs and puts his hands back on her hips.

She leans her head down and cups his face in her hands as their lips meet again.

Just before the kiss gets serious enough for the next step, Paige pulls back. Their foreheads rest against each other as they take a couple breaths.

"It's been a while," Michael cracks.

Paige laughs and quickly cups her mouth to keep the kids from hearing. She continues to giggle behind her hand and Michael starts laughing too.

Paige removes her hand and puts a finger up to her mouth, "Shh! We don't want them to hear."

Michael's still giggling so to silence him, Paige leans in for another kiss.

She breaks away earlier than the other kiss this time. She entwines her fingers in Michael's and asks, "Is it okay if I ditch the private room for tonight? Nothing romantic, just... sleeping." She says it like a simple, everyday thing. Which it should be for them.

Michael backs up and Paige jumps down. She gives a little smile and takes off in front of him down the hall.

Michael follows behind, making sure to get a look at her ass.

Paige walks through the open door of his room and suddenly pulls her shirt over her head as she walks up to the bed.

Michael stops in the doorway.

Paige pulls her shorts down and climbs into the bed, taking a look at Michael. "What? It's still sleeping, just with no clothes on," she shrugs.

No Michael makes sure to get a good look at her entire body. The body that he hasn't been able to look at in a while.

And just then it hits him just how much he's missed her. Not just her body, though, but her spontaneity, gentleness, and sincerity.

She pulls back the covers and pulls them over herself. "Well, you coming?"

Michael smiles and unbuttons his shirt as he goes to join her.

The only thing he remembers before going to sleep is feeling her body up against his as she sleeps.

The next morning both Paige and Michael are awakened by the crack of a door and someone saying, "Dad are you up?"

Paige pulls her body up off of Michael's as she looks up in surprise. It's Paris. Paige sighs in relief that's it's not one of the boys seeing her naked. Michael's blocked by her and the covers.

Paris stammers, "Oh, uh, sorry. I'm gonna be out here." She quickly turns and closes the door.

Paige looks at Michael and blushes and gives out a little laugh. "What time is it?" She looks at the alarm clock and it reads ten o'clock.

"We slept in til ten?"

Michael looks up, "What? Oh my God, we did."

"Well," Paige sighs. "Looks like we should get those clothes back on."

As she gets off the bed, she turns to Michael and says, "And don't worry, I'll talk to Paris."

She puts her top and shorts on and walks out the door.

She approaches Paris' door and hears music coming from inside the room.

She knocks. "Paris? It's Paige."

The music stops and the door opens soon after. Paris stands there, "I really don't need one of those sex ed talks."

Paige smiles, "I know you don't. Can I come in?"

"Sure," Paris steps aside. After she closes the door, she says, "I'm glad you and my dad are, like, back together I guess, but I really didn't need to see that."

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that. If it helps at all, nothing happened."

Paris lifts her eyebrows. "Well either which way, your boobs are nice. I see why my dad likes you."

Paige can't help it and she breaks out laughing and Paris starts too.

Paige motions Paris over and they fall down on her bed laughing together.

Paige uses the bonding opportunity to start tickling Paris and soon the laughter turns to shrieks.

In the hall, Michael walks by the laughs and screams knowing that this is something he doesn't want to be involved in.

A/N: Sorry it's been so long guys! I'm gonna try to speed this story up so each chapters goes over a couple days instead of a couple hours. Hopefully that will help!