Pt 11

Y/n pov
I was running, running then I stopped everything was pitch black. I felt scared but I don't know why, I then turned around and saw my mother. I then blinked and She was laying me down for bed, she was reading my favorite story book, she read it to me every night. "The dinosaurs mother said, 'I love you just as you are.' The end." My mother said, and I smiled at her, she smiled back at me, her smile could light up a room. "Can you read it again?" I asked, my voice was younger and softer. "Y/n/n. I've already read it 3 times. You need to sleep." My mother said softly, "but I'm thirsty!" I said I sounded sad and scared. My dad came in with a glass of water immediately. "Nice try slugger!" He chuckled out, my mother smiled, and I smiled but pouted. "Why don't you want to sleep y/n/n?" My mother asked as she held my hands in hers. "I don't want to sleep alone, not without you!" I said, my mother smiled, but her eyes were full of sympathy. "Y/n/n, no matter where you sleep. We'll be right next door in the morning." My mother then kissed my cheek and she turned on the nightlight.
"Goodnight, y/n/n." "Goodnight slugger." My dad said as he hugged me. I smiled and grabbed my dinosaur plushie and went to bed.
That was the first night I ever slept without my mother. She was so understanding to a 4 year old. She was so generous she would read me my favorite book every night and she'd never even complain about it. I'd hear her say she loved doing it, and that she loves reading that story to me. My father would always stand in the hallway with a glass of water just in case, I didn't know that then but I do now. And I never even realized how quickly my father would come into my room if I said I was thirsty. I woke up from the dream, I felt tears in my eyes. "I know she's gone." I whispered to myself as I felt more tears fall. I took a deep breath and whipped my tears off, I checked the time 3:30. I grabbed my blanket and held myself under it, the same thing I did when I was younger. My father always used to pretend he couldn't see me when I was under it. My mother would walk in and laugh, she had the sweetest laugh, and smile. I wish she were still here, but she isn't. but my dad is. I'm going to see him again today or at least try and see him.
I could not sleep all I could think about was my mother and father, their smiles, their laughs, they way the loved each other, and loved me. I just got out of bed, and walked to my picture frame, it was of my mother, father and me. It was a Christmas photo, I grabbed it and just stared at it. Thinking about every Christmas I had with them. 7. Only 7 Christmases.
I don't know how long I was staring at the photo, but when I looked back up the sun was coming up. I checked the time once again, 6:45
I sighed and took one last look then I put it down. I then went downstairs quietly, as I am living with Joe and iris. Joe was already up drinking his coffee, "morning, y/n." Joe said when he saw me coming downstairs.
He saw my face and looked concerned.
"Are you okay, y/n?" Joe asked, I looked down.
"Yeah, yeah I'm okay." I said, as I looked back up. Joe didn't look convinced, he gave me his are you serious? Dad look. You know, the are you serious dad look? I poured myself some coffee and then got myself some f/b/f. (Favorite breakfast food) which I never have unless I'm upset or angry. Joe knew this and he stared at me in confusion. I got my food and sat down and started eating, I continued eating and remembered my mother making me this for the first time. I smiled, thinking about it.
"Dad? Y/n/n?" Iris said as she came downstairs "what are you doing up so early?" Joe asked, as iris hugged him. "Just woke up." She said, she saw me eating and she looked concerned, but I just ignored it. Iris whispered something to joe and they started having a conversation through whispers. "You two okay?" I asked, they looked at me. "Yes, but Are you feeling alright y/n/n?" Iris asked, I nodded. And washed off my dish and put it in the sink, I went up the stairs and got ready for work.
But I got a text form Miko. Weird. I thought, Miko never gets up this early.

Miko: morning y/n/n! How ya feeling?

Y/n: good morning. fine, you?

Miko: I'm good. Me and bulk were going to the base. You wanna come?