Aftermath

Well, to say the date was complicated would be an understatement. Bella couldn't get Charlotte out of her head.
As she walked to her locker, thoughts of Charlotte filled her brain. "Hey Bella" pepper said as enthusiastically as ever, "so how was the date?" Sophie asked extending the so. Bella went into a panic, she didn't know what to say. What would her friends think of the kiss anyways, she would have to say she liked it otherwise they'd think that Charlotte was manipulating her somehow, although she did kind of enjoy it so at least she wouldn't be lying.

"It was...different" Bella said, "you know what, maybe Charlotte's not so bad after all" she said and her friends gave her perplexed expressions.  "Are you okay Bella?" Sophie asked, "yeah, I mean if I didn't know any better you were on the path to becoming friends with Charlotte and forgetting all about us and then bulling us in the hallways and making fun of us on instagram and"- "Pepper, breath" Bella said stopping her rant. "You two are still my girls, that will never change" she said and gave her friends a warm hug. "Yeah, just friends" Bella thought sheepishly.

"Thanks Bella, I've got to go to math class, if I don't my brothers will put gum on my seat" Sophie shuddered and headed to her class. "I've got to go too, I'm taking art class this year" pepper said walking off.

Bella arrived at biology. Little did she know her teacher rearranged the seats, so now she was sat next to Charlotte.
"Oh boy" Bella muttered, both Charlotte and Bella tried not to make eye contact even though Charlotte had something very clearly on her mind. "Um, Bella. Can I talk to you?" She said with a pleading looked. "Oh boy, here it comes" Bella thought, she nodded her head as giving her permission to continue. "Um, I'm really sorry about the date...and about kissing you" Charlotte said, but Bella could tell she was lying about regretting the kiss. But there was no way she liked her, right? It must be some kind of evil scheme of hers. But before Bella could respond the teacher interrupted her thoughts. "Everybody turn to page forty!" She yelled to the class.

After class Charlotte left a note on Bella's desk. "Meet me in the bathroom" it said. "Great, she wants to talk, might as well see this through" Bella thought.

When she arrived at the bathroom she saw Charlotte leaning up against a wall staring at her phone, Charlotte noticed her presence and looked up from the addicting screen and smiled genuinely. Something Bella has never before from her, much less directed at her. "So you wanted to talk?" Bella asked. "Um, yeah actually" Charlotte said but paused for a while. "I'm not actually gay" she said, "aha, so you were lying" Bella thought "I'm bi" Charlotte said with an awkward smile. "Oh, well that's good...I think" Bella said, "I don't know why I thought I should tell you that, but I really am sorry about the kiss. I guess we were both a little off that day" Charlotte continued. "You could say that" Bella muttered under her breath. "Anyways, I really hope we can be friends now" she said, "right! Yeah, of course!" Bella said ignoring the sticking feeling in her stomach. "Right we'll here's my phone number, call me, and I'll see you later" Charlotte said with a wink, wait, what did she mean by that?

After Charlotte left the bathroom Bella looked at the piece of paper Charlotte had given her and now wondered to herself, "did I just get friend zoned?".