Three

3rd Person Pov

It was a dark and gloomy night and nothing could be seen from the hunting stand which Mr. Masbath was was keeping watch in. Suddenly a strange fog came out of the forest and snuffed out the remaining light on the burning out torches. Masbath shot his gun at the on coming figure but it did nothing. The horseman had come for him. He ran through the forest running for his life as the horse and it's rider came galloping up behind him. The horseman drew his sword and with one swing of his sword Mr.Masbath's head was clean off and claimed by the horseman.

Ichabod's Pov
Another early morning eating breakfast with Y/N but still just as awkward and silent as yesterday. "So, I need to investigate the land which the different bodies where found and I need a way of transportation and maybe even a guide." I said with hesitate at my last request.

"Oh, I can take you to borrow one of the farm horses from the Killian's they have a few I am sure you will be able to borrow one while your here. And I guess I could come along if you need me to."
Y/N said.

Again walking into town Y/N was on foot walking next to me while Sparrow followed on her other side. Y/N walked us up to the front door of a small house and just as she was about to knock the door opened and two women walked out. "Oh my....its you." The one woman said with a small tone of disgust in her voice as she looked at Y/N.

"Please excuse my interruption but I must see
Mr. Killian." She said

"What for do you wish to see my husband?" Mrs. Killian said.

"I need to see him to ask him about a horse for Constable Crane." She answered. With a sour look on her face Mrs.Killian went inside to get her husband.

"So the Constable needs a horse is that right?" Said Mr.Killian as he emerged from the house.

"Yes sir." I said trying to speak up for myself. We followed Killian over to a barn next to his house and he came out with a fully tacked up horse. He was short and stocky with alot of muscle and his body was covered in black and grey hair.

"This is gunpowder." Killian said.

"Yes, he should do just fine." I said patting the horses butt making him jump and having a large cloud of dust come up into my face making me cough slightly.  As this happend I heard Y/N laugh quietly at this making me smile.

"Thomas come inside." Mrs.Killian yelled in our direction. And out of no where a little red head boy came running out of the barn. Killian picked him up gave him a kiss on the cheek and sent him off to his mother. As this happend a man on a horse shot his gun in the air and yelled into the town. "MURDER THE HORSEMAN STRIKES AGAIN!" After he said this he ran off on his horse back into the forest. Killian mounted his own horse and ran towards the forest followed by Y/N on Sparrow. As I struggled to get on Gunpowder I caught a glimpse of Y/N coming back. I got on and yet again struggled but this time on controlling Gunpowder. "Shorten your reins to turn him Constable." She instructed to me. I did as she said and I was finally off heading towards the woods. Even under the not so good circumstance riding along side Y/N was enjoyable.
But Why?

The ride ended to soon for my liking but I needed to get my mind back on the investigation. "It's alright I'm here now. " I said to make my presents known. I ungracefully dismounted Gunpowder and made my way over to the body. I looked down and saw a headless man lying with his back on the ground and hands on his chest. It was disgusting to say the least.

Y/N's Pov
I watched as Ichabod dismounted Gunpowder with tremendous struggle but he managed. I got off Sparrow and watched as Ichabod started to examine the body that lied before him.

"The fourth victim Johnathan Masbath." One of the men said.

"Oh, I see and the head?" Ichabod said looking away from the body with a uncomfortable look on his face.