THE BATTLE BEGINS

Pyramid
When we walked in for pyramid Abby wasn't there. We waited for almost 30 minutes no sign of Abby. "Hi girls" Abby says as she walks in the door. "I know you guys assume that I left the competition because maddie forgot her solo and you're right".

Y/n  Chloe

MacKenzie  Maddie

Brooke  Nia  Paige

"This week Chloe will be the lead of the group. Chloe, MacKenzie, and Y/n will be doing solos. I also entered a a solo for Maddie. I'm not gonna have her do it. My trio is Chloe, Brooke, and paige. We're going to nextstar dance in upland, California. LA kids are fierce, so we have to be fiercer. Got it? Moms you can go. Girls spread out".

After stretching we start the group. I'm really nervous because I've only been the lead like once, so I hope I do good. The number is a really cute jazz routine.

After starting the group we go in the dancers den to get water. While in the den Brooke and I made a funny video.

The video
"Hey Brooke can I have some water" I say to her. "Oh yeah of course" she says before squeezing her open water bottle to my face. "Wow that really quenched my thirst, thank you". I get it in between laughs. "Oh yea no problem" she says while laughing.

After getting cleaned up we go back in and finish the group.

2 days till competition

"Girls come on get in positions for the group" Gianna yells. We get in our spots and start what we do know in the dance. While we are learning the second half Chloe says her hips hurt, so Gianna has her sit out for a bit.

This week my mom had to go to my sister's gymnastics competition, so I'm spending the week at Chloe and Christi's house. On the way to Chloe's house Christi let us get McDonald's for dinner.

1 day till competition

Abby starts doing the solos and she starts with me. "Ok y/n, I brought you in a couple weeks ago to replace Maddie while she was gone. You're still here and you've competed against Maddie and won. Will you be my next Maddie, or will be my next Kendall on probation and running off to another company? Ok you can go bring in chloe."

In interview
"I'm really happy Abby believes in me, but I don't wanna be Maddie. Maddie is Maddie. I want to be y/n."

During our lunch break the moms all got us sandwiches from the new place down the street. After eating we still had some time so Brooke taught me some of her Contortion stuff.

Day of Competition
Me and the girls get up and start packing our dance bags. We all go down from our hotel rooms to get breakfast.