Rejected TD plot: Mal

This was a plot idea I had for a requested Mal x male!reader. I changed the plot to that story from this one, to the bowling night one.

Mal is the new guy at school who was originally released from Juvie. Everyone is afraid of him, but Y/N is open minded and chooses not to judge him. Throughout the story, Y/N tries to be Mal's friend, and although Mal is irritated, he is smittened by the boy's charm.

They have little moments between them where Y/N finds him sitting alone and carving a statue of a crow, and where Y/N gets picked on by Lightning and Mal tells him to back off.

Mal is soon on the verge of suspension because he accidentally destroyed a teacher's property out of anger from being provoked by Lightning. Mal's suspension also meant him being returned to Juvie. Y/N didn't want that to happen, so he took the blame for it, causing Mal to look at him in shock. Mal began to feel guilty, knowing Y/N was suspended. He then confesses what he did wrong. The principal allows Y/N back on campus, and spares Mal with a months worth of detention due to him being truthful.

Mal hesitantly apologizes to Y/N, and Y/N says he'll forgive him on one condition; They go on a date. Mal blushes, but agrees and admits that he likes Y/N. Scene ends with them dating.

Reasons I rejected this idea:

- Realistically, I don't think the principal would spare Mal from suspension and would just send him back to his probation officer.

- Mal has shown to be too troublesome in this story, and Y/N shouldn't be with him even after Mal comes forward.

- This plot took me over 20 pages to write before I discarded it. I'm trying not to make my oneshots too long but also not too short. Maybe 14 pages at most now. I just don't want to bore my readers.

- The story's ending reminded me of my deleted "Detention - Scott x reader" story (Not the remastered one I reposted). It didn't have a good ending or message to it.