Rejected TD plot - Noah ANGST

Honestly, writing ANGST for Noah is hard. The reason is, he's one of the most intelligent characters, he has common sense and he is a total sweetheart when it comes to Emma. So, imagining him as a jerk for the sake of ANGST is difficult.

I also love Noah (In a fictional way) way too much to portray his character like this, so here is me owning up to my terrible plot idea that came to my mind just a month ago.

I will never publish this.

So, for the last two months, I tried coming up with a Noah ANGST fanfic, since I rarely see any and I thought it would be interesting. The scenario is:

Noah has been struggling with his vulnerability and wants to keep his distance from Y/N, despite being in love with her. So, as a result, he flirts with other girls to keep his distance from her.

This takes a toll on their relationship and Y/N decides whether or not to leave him. They engage in toxic patterns such as; Y/N laughing at Noah when Alejandro insults him, Noah going on a date with Lindsay (I didn't put Emma because I really like Emma), and them constantly at each other's throats due to Noah never admitting his distant behavior is wrong.

In the end, Y/N leaves Noah for Duncan. (I put Duncan because he's the opposite from Noah)

Why was this rejected?

• Despite Noah being aloof and sarcastic, I highly highly highly doubt he would hurt his girlfriend like this. He literally adores his romantic partner in canon and he values respect in relationships.

• Noah engages in similar behavior to Alejandro in this oneshot, and Noah despises Alejandro. This oneshot is out of character and makes Noah look like a hypocrite.

• It doesn't make sense for Noah to be portrayed as flirtatious in order to distance himself when he can be awkward and he prefers to not socialize.

• That date with Lindsay was out of nowhere. They barely interact in the show. I should've put Emma, but I'm kind of biased because I like her.

• It's overall a bad message even though it's ANGST.