•3•

"What are you getting ready for?" Steven raised an eyebrow, standing in the doorway of the girls room.

"The bonfire." Belly replied with an attitude as Steven immediately shut down the idea.

Steven scoffed loudly. "You guys are babies, you aren't coming. It's for big kids."

"So I guess you can't come." Rose made a pouty face before closing the door in his face slowly.

"No parties!" Steven told them. "Mom!" he called as the girls burst out in laughter.

It was around 9pm when the girls were finally ready, going down the stairs to find the boys in a bad mood. "Alright, no drinking and Jeremiah is driving." Susannah told the kids, specifically Rose.

"I heard Noah's going." Jeremiah whispered to his sister, he'd always been a fan of him. "Maybe you can talkkk."

"Alright you want your boyfriend back, I get it." Rose joked as her mom held her back by her wrist.

Susannah looked serious. "Guys head out to the car, I just need Rosie for a moment." she nodded to Conrad specifically as the kids didn't hesitate to leave.

"Mom?" Rose squatted down in front of the moms to listen to the spiel.

"No drinking, no substances or else we have to go to the hospital okay?" Susannah was very calm as Rose sighed before nodding.
"Don't fall back into shit."

Laurel reached to squeeze Rose's hand before the girl jumped up and left the house quickly. "Come on!" Belly pulled her friend into the jeep, cuddling into the back.

"Holy shit." Steven exclaimed when he saw how big the fire was. They left the car and started walking when Jeremiah spotted Noah.

"Hey there he is! Go!" he urged his sister who pushed him, indicating to shut up.

Conrad sighed laughing. "You want them back together after what you came to be complaining about a few months ago?" Steven raised an eyebrow as Jeremiah looked momentarily confused.

"Wait what did you tell him?" Rose looked at her brother pissed as he tried to avoid this conversation.

"Some kid is boning my sister." Steven said in a whiney voice. "I found condoms Steven! Condoms!" Belly couldn't stop laughing as the Fishers were mortified.

Conrad shook his head before walking far away. "That's disgusting." he gagged before finding Nicole on the beach.

"Hey stranger." Noah approached Rose as everyone slowly disappeared. "Who's the girl? Not for that reason, I'm just curious."

"That's Belly, my bestfriend." Rose explained through a smile as Noah nodded, having heard about her 100 times.

Awkward silence filled the air for a solid minute. "Did you still want to have that talk? Or is this a getting fucked kind of-"

"I'm clean." Rose interrupted as Noah genuinely looked and felt relieved. "Still weaving off my pen, but nothing hard and no alcohol."

"Proud of you Roselyn." Noah smiled at her, all the memories they spent flashing back.

Rose looked at him with complete googoo eyes until she snapped into it. "You want to sit? We can talk more." she offered as Noah immediately accepted, getting onto the ground with her.

"How are Conrad and Jere? Your mom?" Noah asked as Rose couldn't help but smile at how much he cared about them too.

"Con is going through something I can't tell what it is, Mom and Jere are actually doing really good." Rose nodded. "Maybe you could talk to Conrad, get through to him."