•7•

"Happy America Day Mama." Rose kissed her mom's cheek as she came into the kitchen, then walking past her to get water.

"Thanks baby." Susannah replied as she prepared things for the later party.

The Fisher brothers came back into the kitchen with firework supplies. "Belly I need you to setup the guest bedroom." Laurel told her daughter when she came down the stairs.

"Why? Who's staying here?" Belly questioned as Jeremiah poured her cereal.

"Your dad and his new girlfriend, Victoria."
Laurel replied as Belly looked gagged.

Rose looked to Steven who seemed pretty much unfazed. "In the bedroom next to us?" Belly spoke up as Rose was gagged.

"White noise guys." Conrad whispered before attempting to go back outside.

"Speaking of dads, yours can't come." Susannah told her kids as she seemed like she didn't care. "Tied up at work."

Jeremiah was the only one who still had hopes for Adam. "What? You're kidding?" he whined for a second. They knew he wasn't coming, that nobody in the house really wanted to see him.

A few hours later, Victoria and Adam had arrived. "Your stepmom is hot." Rose admitted through laughs as she peaked through a window.

"Out! Out!" Conrad grabbed his siblings by their arms before dragging them back into the kitchen.

"Belly! Steven!" Adam's voice could be heard as Jeremiah felt disappointed again.

Soon enough everyone was hanging out on the backdeck, except for Rose who was getting high in her room. "Jesus Nicole!" Rose held her heart when the girl busted in.

"Hitting dab pens doesn't count as sobriety." Nicole laughed as Rose made a groaning noise.

"What do you want, you psycho?" Rose slammed her drawer shut after throwing her pen in there.

Nicole looked Rose up and down. "Shame if Conrad found out, he'd be so heartbroken after everything you put him through."

"Can you stop riding his dick for two minutes? I don't know what the hell your issue is with me, but Conrad knows." Rose snapped back before shrugging.

"The deb girls are scared of you." Nicole dropped on her. "You fucked you whole family over with your almost suicide."

Rose took a sharp inhale as Conrad came up the stairs. "Hey, everything okay?" he asked as Nicole looked at Rose.

"Yeah I was just lending Nicole a shirt for some thing she had this week." Rose lied as Conrad smiled, Nicole was being nice.

"Let's go downstairs before Mom snaps at all of us." Conrad urged as they got down the stairs quickly.

Rose leaned on the counter teasingly when she saw Belly making margaritas. "You know you should try mango with the strawberries instead." Noah suggested as he came up behind Rose, resting his hands on her waist.

"Fuck that sounds good!" Belly came to a realization as she opened the fridge once more to get juice.

"Shh." Adam mouthed to Conrad as he snuck in the back door, grabbing Rose's waist from behind and pulling her. While laughing he threw his daughter over his shoulder and walked around a bit.

Conrad couldn't help but roll his eyes at how hard his dad was trying. "Dad put me down!" Rose was punching his shoulders as Adam dropped her on her own two feet, seconds before Rose stormed out the back.

"Oh shit." Jeremiah followed after her as Steven chatted with Adam.

"Your husband is here." Rose pointed inside the house. "Why is he here?" she sounded very disoriented.