chapter twenty - one

Please make sure to vote and comment :)

Aaron POV:

It had been a few hours since me and Davina made the pancakes, technically she did the whole thing but my side is that i did help a little bit.

I sat on the counter and watched her as we catched up and talked. We all had sat down and had so much fun whilst having the pancakes. I have to admit Davina pancakes were very tasty. I loved it. Everything she does is just so well done.

But whilst sitting next to her and eating, Davina's brother Jack kept staring at me and it was creepy. It was like he was scared I was going to do something when in reality I actually wouldn't think of doing anything right now. Besides that everything went well.

After we all had ate, we went back to doing our homework. Ryan, Sofia and Davina were done with theirs but I wasn't, I blame Davina for that. I did help her with her homework, explained how to solve the math problem out which I don't usually do. She's practically my academic rival yet I still helped her out.

Whilst I was doing my homework Ryan had to go take a phone call whilst on the other hand the two girls wanted to go outside in the garden and talk. I wonder what they were talking about.

"Hey." Jack says as he comes into the living room.

"Hi." I said.

"Where is everyone?" He asked me whilst he sat down on the sofa.

"Well the two girls are outside and Ryan's gone to take a call." I said.

"Right." He responds as he goes towards the table to grab the TV remote. As soon as he got the remote he sat down on the sofa, sitting opposite me.

I was waiting for him to turn the TV on but he didn't turn it on. In fact he was just lost in his thoughts.

"Hey are you going to turn the TV on?" I asked him.

"Uh yeah." He said as he pushed the button on the remote to turn it on. I noticed that he was hesitate to turn it on. It was like he wanted to say something but he wasn't sure if he should say it.

Until he finally decided to speak and asked me this, "Can I ask you a question?"

He had this confused and worried look on his face that sort of got me worried to what he wanted to ask me about?

"Depends on what the question is buddy." I said whilst moving some books to the other side.

"Are you going to hurt her?" Jack asked me in a soft tone of voice.

As soon as i heard those words, everything i was doing i just put on hold. I couldn't process what i just heard right now.

Are you going to hurt her?

I wanted to make sure he was talking about who i thought he was talking about so i asked him, "Who?"

"My sister. Are you going to hurt her like the other boy did?" He asked me with this face that i couldn't really put into words. It was like fear and a lot of other emotions, all in one written all over his face.

Why would he ask that? Why is Davina's brother asking me this? I thought to myself.

"No why would i hurt Davina? I would never hurt her." I said reassuring him knowing I would never do that to her or even another girl. I'm not that type of person to hurt someone at all. I'm the person that has always been hurt and broken and I know what it feels like. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone to go through the same thing.