Chapter three : The tutor session

3rd person POV :

After class, Taka packed up his things and returned to his dorm. Beginning to study for the next test.

"Ah- Right! What time is it?" He whispered to himself as he checked the clock. It was 5:30 p.m. he had 30 more minutes to prepare until Mondo came.

He cleaned his desk, prepared two chairs and some books, and rearranged his notes. Making sure everything was in place.

'Hmm, it should be about time now!' He thought, as the clock striked 5:57.

He stood in front of the door, waiting for Mondo's shadow. He waited for a minute... two minutes...

"Hey, I'm here." Mondo finally showed up, right on time.

"You were almost late! I was just about to go get you and drag you here!" Taka yelled as he crossed his arms.

"But... I'll excuse your behavior for now! Anyways, please have a seat, Owada." Taka pointed at one of the seats and then proceeded to sit on the one opposite.

"...Whatever, what's the test about anyway?" Mondo shrugged as he took a seat.

"Y-You don't even know?! Well... the test is about..." Taka continued to lecture Mondo, who was basically daydreaming.

"...algebra...shapes...Mondo... hey... MONDO OWADA, DO YOU HEAR ME YET?!" Taka yelled into Mondo's ear, which worked really well in surprising him.

"ARUGH! HOLY SHIT! Alright! I'm listening, geez..."

Taka then proceeded to lecture Mondo to listen to people when they're talking. But once he noticed the amount of time that passed, he immediately started tutoring.

"Alright, Owada! Here's an easy question to motivate you to work! What's the square root of three?"

"Uhhh..., it's... six, right?"

"..."

"Owada.., this type of question is for other students years younger than us! Did you skip class?! How unfortunate..."

"How was I supposed to know that?! Plus, my school life ain't none of your goddamn business, piece of shit!"

The two agrued back and forth before Taka took control of the agruemen. "Listen to me! Quiet down and listen!" He started with that sentence every time he was gonna say something. Poor Mondo.

Mondo's POV :

"Quiet down and listen! Please tell me, when did you start skipping class? I shall need that information to prepare some new textbooks to help and guide you!"

...Is he fucking serious? God... I respect his determination and stupidity. Can't he see I'm a loss cause already...?

"Uh..., since middle school." Well, I couldn't just not skip. That's when Daiya first invited me to hang out with the gang.

"Alright! Give me some time to prepare, don't worry, we can start from the very beginning! No matter what, I will make you succeed! I *will* prove that putting in effort can change anyone!"

"...That's uh..." Before I could finish my sentence, Mr. Fucking Eyebrows or whatever ran off.

Somehow, that made me... whatever. Not like it fucking matters.

Kiyotaka's POV :

I searched through my bag, looking for my other book of notes. I used to keep the same book for notes from 5th grade to... well, I still use it sometimes.

I flipped through my books one after another, until... "Ha! Found you!"

I brought out my notebook and happily placed it on the desk.

"My most treasured prosession... I have all the material we need in here!"

"What the fuck... Well, That book's certainly thicker than your goddamn eyebrows."

"It's custom made by me! I brought a lot of notebooks and decided to put them all together since it's more convenient. Anyways, enough distractions, let's get started!"

I first started by explaining what square roots meant and then proceeded with extra things I felt were important to learn.

In order to make sure Owada wouldn't slack off again, I also gave him one of my empty notebooks so he could take down notes himself.

"So... postive and negative numbers can be explained as... blah blah blah... Do you understand?"

After Owada nodded, I gave him some exercises to test him. He seems to be doing well so far!

Mondo's POV :

What the fuck am I doing?!? I really want to rip this piece of goddamn paper apart!!

Find the fucking value of x or whatever yourself, I'd never let a piece of goddamn paper boss me around and shit like that!

Ah, fuck me man....

Back to Kiyotaka's POV :

I'm sure he'll solve these problems smoothly fast! I believe in him!

"All done, Owada?"

"Ah, uh just... one more question..."

I looked down at his paper.

...

"I guess 'one' means 'ten' in your family..." I sighed, laughing a little.

"Hey, can't cha... teach me or something? It's your job as a tutor, right?"

"You could've just asked earilar, Owada! But glady, so let's start with this problem! Listen to me! First..."

I picked up my pen and started writing on a sheet of paper while explaining the process of each step to him.

"...Annnd, that's how you do it!" I dropped my pen and showed him the work, "Any other questions?"

"No... I think I get it now."

I looked down at his paper as Owada started doing the work. He'd ask me if he did it right or not every once in a while, but he's been doing neatly! I'm proud of him!

After a while, he handed me the exercise paper back. "I'm done. Here ya go."

"Thank you, Owada! Let me check this!" I checked his answers and grinned. "So, Owada... What score do you expect yourself to get?"

"Well, you fucking know my actual score, right?"

"Yes but don't sound so disappointed! I haven't even told you your score yet. Besides, this isn't a real test!"

"Tch, I probably got like... five questions right or something. I mean, you helped me a lot. So it's expected I do well, right?"

"Look for yourself!" I handed the paper back to him. His frowning face then turned into a shocked one.

"A nine out of ten? A NINE OUT OF TEN? HOLY SHIT! I'M SMART!"

I laughed as he cheered. He was actually nice and not what I remember him as.

"Heh... so uh, Ishimaru?"

"Oh, you can call me Taka!"

"Right... Anyways, Taka, would you like to hang out sometime? You weren't that much of a bitch than I thought of you as."

I felt my eyes spark a bit when he said that. Hang... out?

"I would love to, Owada!"

"Psh, just call me Mondo. And great, I'll be heading back to my dorm now. If any piece of shit tries to mess with you, just tell them you're with the diamonds."

Before I could respond to his last message, he had already left my dorm after waving me goodbye.

"...Thank you, Mondo!"

(1120 words)
Idk, if you don't like that this is how they became friends. Too bad!