The Missing pieces

"Alright, I'll let Hana know."

The girl walked in on her best friend saying this into her phone.

"Who was it?"

"Sunghoon. He said that Jake couldn't reach you on your phone. Have you left it on silent?"

"Possible. What did he say??"

"Some mind-manipulating vampire will come over to their place. He wants us to go there today evening."

"Really? That's brilliant. I'll finally be able to get my memories back!"

"That is, assuming that you lost them in the first place."

"Obviously."

"Make sure you text Jake though. Your boyfriend misses you according to Sunghoon."

"He's not my boyfriend!!"

"Yet."

Hana sighed, escaping out of the room from her friend's clutches. Sooji didn't know about how scared Hana had felt when the thought had presented itself to her that those evenings out with Jake may have only been due to their attempts to figure out if she was a werewolf or not.

He had known though.

Hana wasn't sure how, but Jake had known exactly what was on her mind. It had taken her a while to understand the reason behind his texts to her nearly 5 times a day, asking her simple questions like how her day was going and whether she had eaten. Especially since she knew that the boys were busy with their comeback. When she did figure it out though, she was glad.

Glad she had met him.

It had been a week. She had discovered that she was a werewolf. To say she had been surprised would be the understatement of the century. She hadn't been too surprised on hearing that the boys were vampires; it had explained a lot of things about them. But to have lived 19 years of your life and then being told that you're a werewolf.... Hana felt as though she did not know herself at all.

And yet, somehow, it made sense. Something told Hana that was what had been missing from her life, like a tiny piece missing from a puzzle.

And with that, came the desire to know.

The topmost question on her mind was about her parents. Whether they knew about her being a werewolf. Whether they were werewolves themselves.

And whether they died because of it.

The Enhypen boys had been subjected to her curiosity over the last days, and with every question answered, more took it's place. Within three days, she had squeezed out the last of what the boys knew out of them and now she could only wait until she could regain her memories.

Looked like her prayers were finally answered.

"I'm nervous.", Hana admitted, rubbing her hands together.

Sooji held her hand, "Expected. If you feel uncomfortable, we'll run away."

"Alright."

The door opened as soon as she knocked.

"Heu you guys, you're finally here!", Sunghoon greeted them with a smile.

Hana smiled. Sunghoon's mood varied between the poles and the equator. He seemed to have woken up on the good side of the bed today.

Sooji pushed her in, following closely. A familiar voice called out to Hana as they reached the base of the staircase, "Hana!"

"Jake."

The boy jumped down the stairs, reaching Hana quickly, "You look nervous. Are you scared?"

"A bit."

The boys led the two girls to the room where they met two men, one of them, Hana guessed would be in his early thirties. The other would be in this mid forties.

Jungwon introduced them. The younger one, Yoo Taeho, was the one who knew the boys personally. The older was the mind manipulating vampire.

Hana's attention was on the older of the two, who's name was Park Sungjae. Something about him was familiar to her, like a distant memory, pushing to come out.

The man was looking at her too. "Your mother told me that you would take two years to come to me. But you barely took over a year. I am impressed."

Hana's eyes widened, "Did you know my mother?"

The man smiled, an almost wistful expression on his face, "I knew both your parents. You can say that I'm the reason you don't have memories about your wolf." Yet again, Hana felt a weird tug in her stomach.

"Then, you can return my memories to me?"

"I can."

Hana leaned forward, "What do I have to do?"

"Nothing. Are you sure about this? It may affect you adversely."

"I don't care... I really have to know."

The man sighed, "Alright then. Close your eyes."

Hana hesitated. She felt uncomfortable, closing her eyes infront of two people she had barely met. She felt as if closing her eyes would lower all her walls.

"Don't worry.", Jake was beside her in an instant, "We're all here with you." Hana nodded.

"Are you ready?", Sungjae asked, drawing her attention again.

Her gaze moved to the man again and something in his eyes reminded her of her dad; she felt comforted.

"Alright I'm ready.", she shut her eyes, subconsciously tightening her grip on Jake's hand. She felt two fingers on her forehead and for a while nothing happened.

And then hot white pain spread through her head.