13 | Another Round

I walked up the stairs and turned left, coming to a halt in front of the office. Gently, I knocked on the door before cautiously entering. "Hunter?" I called out, stepping inside.

"Come in," he replied, his attention still focused on the papers before him.

I walked towards him and stood before the desk, exhaling a sigh of boredom. "I thought you said it would only take an hour or two," I said, a hint of disappointment in my voice.

Hunter looked up at me, his hazel eyes capturing my gaze. They truly were captivating.

"I know, I'm sorry. I lost track of time. There's just so much work that needs to be done," he explained, weariness evident in his voice.

Feeling a pang of empathy, I gazed at him with concern.

"You need a break, let's go." I took a step around the desk and firmly grasped his hand. I began making my way out of the office while gently pulling him along.

"Where are you taking me?" he asked, curiosity lacing his words.

"We're going to have some fun," I responded mischievously. "I think we both deserve it. Right?"

"Sweetheart, the only type of fun I have involves two girls in my bed, one on top and the other —" he began, but I quickly interrupted him, not wanting to hear the rest.

"Gross, Hunter. I don't want to hear about that." I scrunched my nose in disgust.

He broke into laughter, relishing in my discomfort.

Finally, we reached the kitchen, stopping in front of a glass cabinet that had caught my attention earlier.

"Ah, so this is the kind of fun you meant," Hunter remarked as he opened the cabinet.

"Grab the most expensive tequila you can find," I instructed, as I was reaching into the fridge to take out a lime. I grabbed a knife and sliced the lime into pieces, placing them neatly on a plate.

With salt in hand and the plate of lime slices, I walked over to the island and placed them down. I lifted myself up, perching on top of the cool stone surface.

Hunter approached me, holding a large bottle of tequila in one hand and two cups in the other.

He opened the bottle and carefully poured the liquid into our cups.

"To a fun night," I proposed, gently hitting my cup against his.

"To a fun night," he repeated.

We both downed the shot, the warmth of the tequila spreading through me. I grabbed a lime, bringing it to my lips and savoring its tangy flavor.

I had forgotten how much I loved the taste of alcohol.

"Another round," I told Hunter, and he obliged, refilling our cups once more.

"Someone's on a mission," he said. I could hear the amusement in his voice.

He wasn't wrong about that.

As he finished pouring the cups, his gaze locked onto mine.

Time to have some fun.

With a deliberate slowness, I trailed my tongue across a delicate patch of my hand, the tantalizing gesture captivating his attention. Taking a pinch of salt, I sprinkled it over the moistened spot.

Hunter's gaze became intense as he waited for my next move. I licked the salt from my hand, savoring the lingering taste, then seized the shot, downing it with a sultry confidence.

Without skipping a beat, I reached for a lime, my teeth sinking into its flesh.

The juices of the lime dripped from the corner of my lip. Using my finger, I delicately wiped the juices from the corner of my lip and brought it to my mouth, teasingly sucking it.