37 | Carnival

Xavier gently dried me off as we stepped out of the shower, his touch lingering in all the right places. Settling me on the counter, he expertly peeled off the damp bandage, his eyes studying the stitches for a brief moment before he applied a fresh one.

"Thank you," I whispered softly, my gaze locked onto his.

Stepping down from the counter, he reached for a towel and wrapped it around my body. But my attention shifted to his phone as it began to ring, Axel's name lighting up the screen. Xavier brushed off the call, his focus solely on me.

He ran his fingers through his damp hair, pushing it back and revealing those intense gray eyes that held me captive.

After a few seconds, the persistent ringing of his phone resumed. "You should answer it," I suggested, "It might be important."

He released a sigh, as he quickly slipped into a pair of sweats before answering the call. I watched as he left his room, his heavily tattooed back disappearing from view.

Exiting the bathroom, I headed to my room, the unease within me growing when I stepped into my closet and found it empty – all of my clothes were gone.

"Where is everything?" I muttered to myself.

Stepping out of my closet, I re-entered Xavier's room. I paced around the space, waiting for his return.

"My clothes are gone," I blurted out once he was back.

He responded nonchalantly, "I had someone move all your stuff to my room."

I blinked, a mixture of surprise and disbelief crossing my face. "But when?" I questioned, still processing. "They were in my closet just an hour ago."

A faint smile touched his lips. "While I was balls deep inside you in the shower."

My jaw fell open, my cheeks flushing with embarrassment. "So, you're telling me, you had someone relocate my clothes to your room while we were in the shower..." My words trailed off, the absurdity of the situation hitting me. "Xavier, what if they heard us?"

A dismissive shrug accompanied his response. "I don't give a fuck if they heard us."

"Of course you don't," I muttered under my breath. "But why did you move all my stuff into your room?"

"Because it's our room now," he corrected.

I made my way to his closet, stepping inside to find all my clothes neatly arranged on one side. He was being serious.

"You've lost your mind," I tell him as I step back into the room.

"You're just noticing that?" he questions. "I lost my mind a long time ago."

"Maybe we should try finding it," I suggest playfully.

"Good luck with that," he mutters quietly, but I was able to hear it.

His phone rings again, and he lets out a frustrated breath. I watch as he answers the call, his annoyance palpable. "What the fuck do you want now?" he barks into the phone.

Deciding to give him some privacy, I turn around and step into the closet, closing the door behind me. I let the towel drop to the floor and quickly slip into a matching set of white underwear and bra.

I sift through my clothes, contemplating what to wear for our carnival date tonight. Among the options, my attention is drawn to a pair of light denim shorts. Retrieving them, I also select a white long-sleeve bodysuit that complements the casual vibe. I slip into the clothes and finish it off with a pair of sneakers.

Emerging from the room, I decide to skip the makeup this time. After a quick skincare routine, I admire how my skin glows naturally even with the cuts scattered on my face. I run my fingers through my straight hair, leaving it straight.