Together

Viona didn't have to go to work that day. So after finishing their huge drama, Ethan said he would make breakfast.

This time Viona didn't ask him not to do it simply because she worried that he would get upset.

Ethan went to the kitchen and opened the fridge. He seemed to be in a good mood. Of course, he was in a good mood. He laughed early in the morning hearing someone talking like crazy.

Viona was kinda embarrassed though.

Yet, she knew she was shameless.

She leaned to the wall and sneaked on her cute...serious husband making breakfast for them.

It was the first morning after they became marriage partners.

She watched him take out the eggs. He cracked them skillfully, pouring all the eggs into a bowl. Then he put some salt, black pepper, some green onions, and carrot. Then mixed it all.

He placed it in the steamer and then moved to the rice cooker. He got the rice, washed them and let the rice cook in the rice cooker as he opened the fridge once again.

Viona was in awe. She sucks at cooking. Maybe she didn't even try to learn, because she knew she would get an omega who would cook for her. Alphas whether female or male, they always are at the top as others are below them all the time. So Viona never seriously thought about learning cooking.

Find a partner who can cook or just buy some food. 

Because she had money!

Simple!

However, her alpha mother could cook even though her beta father was the one who did all the house works including cooking. She had seen her mother helping her father to cook.

And now she knew why she had to know how to cook. 

Simple...If she knew how to cook, she could simply stick to him in the name of helping. Her mother was intelligent though.

She kinda regretted not being able to help him. But she knew if she were to join, she might ruin it completely. So she simply accepted she was a useless alpha when it came to cooking.

She prepared the table while Ethan was busy cooking. She put on the tablecloth and filled the glasses with water. Then only dishes were to arrive. She helped him to bring them to the table.

He didn't deny it this time. He let her help him.

After a few seconds, the beautiful breakfast table was done.

Viona sat down and waited until Ethan who walked back to the kitchen to arrive. She waited and waited, he wasn't there. She couldn't wait anymore. She was getting hungry. She stood up and walked back to the kitchen to see what he was doing.

'This guy!'

He was washing the dishes!

The food was served on the table and instead of digging in first, he was cleaning dirty dishes there.

Viona was a bit pissed. But she didn't throw a tantrum.

"Ethan...I am hungry."

Viona said when she noticed Ethan had seen her.

"Why don't you eat then? The food is all served. Have it while it's hot."

He said very casually. What was wrong with him?

'Does he not know we should eat together?'

"You should join me."

Viona said, but Ethan had focused back on dirty dishes.

She was angry for real this time. He was ignoring her.

Was it on purpose?

Weren't they very happy in the morning?

"Ethan...I want to eat with you."

Viona watched Ethan pause his movement and look at her.

"Ha? Why? You should enjoy your meal. I will only ruin the mood."

That was surprising. Viona looked at him in disbelief. She collected her memories to think if she perhaps ever said something like that to him by mistake...No! She never did...

What the hell was he spouting?

"Ethan...we can wash the dishes along with the ones on the table. So first come and eat."

Viona didn't leave next. Instead, she grabbed Ethan's wrist and dragged him to the table. She let him sit down and then filled his plate with all that goodness he had made with all the hard work.

"You should eat first."

Ethan didn't even touch the spoon. Viona was confused. But she eventually happened to realise something.

"Were you like this back at home too?"

"Like what?"

"Eating the leftovers? Isn't that what you were trying to do now?"

"No...that's not it...I wanted you to eat them first. I am not that hungry."

"Ethan...We should eat together. We are a family."

"...I am sorry. First, dig in."

He said yet didn't touch the food. Viona couldn't force him anymore. So she started eating. Then she saw Ethan slowly eating his part.

'He really is strange. It's no joke. That was what he had been doing all the time. He eats after others are done eating. Until then he would wash the dishes. He was going to do the same with me too... Why is he like this?'

Viona stole glances at him from while to while. Ethan calmly ate very cleanly. He didn't look like he was hungry. But Viona had already decided to puff him up. He looked very skinny which made her feel kind of sad.

'No wonder he looks like this. He must haven't had enough food to fill his stomach.'

The more she connected things together, the more painful it felt.

She knew that Ethan had a lot of secrets. Maybe some bad experiences with his family which had turned him that way.

'I will change him.'

Viona filled up his plate again. She told him strictly that he must finish it all. And she watched him finish everything like an obedient child. And she felt she was like a mother pressuring her son.

"Ethan, from now on let it be breakfast, lunch, dinner or even a snack, you must eat everything with me. We must eat together. Don't ever think about eating leftovers, got it?"

"Mmm..."

Viona grinned happily and watched Ethan's cheeks slowly turn pink.

'Why is this guy so adorable? Of course, because he is this alpha's husband!'

The alpha who sucks at cooking, proudly thought her omega was very adorable because he was hers when she couldn't even fry an egg properly...

Sigh…