CHESS

HAVEN

It was like a silly game we were playing, like two kids being at war but a bit more serious it had anger behind it.

He kept his word and I was the acting manager of the bar , he wasn't able to be around mostly cause the man had ten thousand things going on for him.

He was probably around for 2 days a week and sometimes not at all and everytime he would be here he didn't miss the chance to take a dig at me.

He would touch me gently as he passed, call for me just to speak to me, and would buy me food for lunch which I actually appreciated but over all he was laying it on thick.

Right now I was taking inventory when Stephanie came up behind me.

"So I heard boss is coming in today and I'm gonna shoot my shot what do you think?" What?

"Are are you sure that's what you wanna do I mean he is our boss though "

"Yeah I know but damn I have the serious hots for him I have to do something about it" just then the doors opened and it wasn't Kaden it was Harry.

" Haven meet me in the office please" I just nodded and Stephanie was confused

"Who's that and why is he going up to the office?"

"That's Harry kaden's second in command I guess he isn't coming in today and you can't make your move sorry " she was about to speak but I was already on my way up.

I gave Harry all the reports and caught up with him he even bought me dinner.

Harry is like the older brother I never had, protective and he paid for my food and I was so appreciative of him.

"So you've been looking for apartments " I nodded my head and took a sip of coffee.

"Yeah I have but it seems impossible in this city I think I should just move"

"Let's not go to extremes I'm sure something will open up" I smiled at him as he dropped me off home.

"I also understand you've been giving him a run for his money" I smirked

"I don't know what you're talking about" I said innocently

"Just be careful Kaden is an amazing chess player, you never know when he's moving"

He then wished me a goodnight and drove off for the night.

I'd never know when he's moving?

--------------------------☆

"There you go easy, Star open the door ok" she nodded as I wheeled Bruce into the apartment.

"You're home!" And as we turned in the lights I was more than shocked a few of my work mates where there saying welcome home.

"Wow, you did this for me?!" He said and I was shocked and was about to state just how confused I was till I saw kaden come forward.

"Hey bud how are you doing?" He said as he kneeled to Bruce's hight

"You did this for me?! Thank you!"

"Don't thank me now thank your sister for making sure you got home eventually and wait till you see your presents"

Harry wheeled him to the middle of the living room and I pulled Kaden aside

"I know you will complain but-" I just hugged him

"Thank-you I know this is about you caring for him not me even though I don't know how the hell you got into my house but thank you" he smiled

"You're welcome, come on lets celebrate "

-----------------------☆

We were standing outside as I said goodbye to everyone else and he was staring at me.

" I was told you were looking for a place to stay" I looked at him

"What's it to you?"

"I'd like to help" I sighed

"Kaden-"

"Could you put aside you resentment for me for a second, I'm helping for the sake of your siblings not just you" he had my attention now.

"I have a 3 bedroom apartment in upper newyork it's like a safe place in case of danger, I've Never used it and it's just sitting under my name with no one living there.

It has tons of space for Bruce and star and its closer to work than here, these are the keys you can move in as soon as you can and I don't want you fighting me on this" I looked at the keys for a second and he was right.

I have been having a hell of a time trying to find a better place to live and he was willing to help.

I gently took the keys out of his hand and hugged him softly saying thank you as his hands held my back strongly and he didn't let go and we were inches from each other me looking up into his eyes.

And he moved closer taking my lips and for that second it felt so good

I pulled away immediately as Harry opened the door behind us.

"Sir we have to leave your flight is early tomorrow morning" kaden nodded quickly and I rubbed my arms at the breeze.

"Noted Harry ill be there in a second, you should get inside it's cold plus you need to check up on your siblings" I nodded and said a little bye to him and I just heard the car drive off.

What was that?! Kissing him has never felt like that before.