Sae Itoshi x M! Reader ||You just can't catch a break can you||

(Writing this with fake nails on btw, yes I am a guy)

                                                                         Sae is ooc bcs I said so 🗣

In which (m/n) finds himself in a difficult situation and is left in the care of Real Madrid's rising star player

The crowd's roars grow in volume as Real Madrid walks onto the field. Their star player, Itoshi Sae's, name is chanted. From young teenage girls to older men chant his name. You were sweating your absolute ass off in your mascot costume for Real Madrid.

The match officially started and the roars of the crowd only grew louder. Your ears and your head were aching from the volume, not only was it extremely loud but it was scorching hot as well in Madrid. The combination of loud noises and the hot blazing sun only made your head start spinning.

Normally, you'd ask the coach if you could take a break but the game had only just started. You couldn't just back out now, even if the current situation isn't suitable for costume wearing. You remained in the shade, only coming out of it to dance a lil with some of the players.

The game started and you made your way to the stands with a tray of snacks hooked around your torso. Greeting and entertaining the fans while you were at it, handing out snacks for free to younger kids. Going through the stands, going up and down was fucking tiering. It wasn't helping your headache. 'Just gotta finish the last row then I can go back to the shade...' you wished you could wipe the sweat off your forehead, but that wasn't possible at the moment.

As you reached the final rows of spectators, a fan had bumped into you, causing you to spill some of the popcorn onto a man's lap. You hurriedly apologised and bowed to the man, but he wasn't having it. "Are you crazy?! Can you even do your job properly?!" He began pushing you and shoving you through the line of fans in the row. Your body was too tired to even fight back, the heat and noise was starting to really get to you. Your body finally gave out after the man had pushed you to the ground. Inside the head of the costume was already dark, but finally letting your eyes shut themselves had made your surrounding go even darker. You went completely limp in the stands. Some other fans had to pull the deranged man off of you before calling for help.

.

.

.

When you opened your eyes, you had to immediately shut them due to the sudden ray of light. Struggling to open your eyes, a shadow was casted above you, finally allowing you to flutter your eyes open. You sat up and looked to your right. 'Isn't he a player?...' you thought curiously as you stared at the man beside you. "Staring is rude you know" his voice had caught you out of your trance. "Ah! I'm sorry...Just thought I recognized you from somewhere..." you looked away embarrassed. "You're my team's mascot, of course you recognize me" he answered bluntly. 'So I was right..." you nodded at him as you tried to get off the bed.

Before you left the room, you turned to the player and thanked him. "Thank you for watching over me" you bowed and left the room. He hummed at your thanks and turned back to the bed, thinking of how he even got here in the first place.

.

.

.

Flashback

The game was over and Real Madrid had won and the crowd went absolutely wild, but in a certain area of the crowd some fans hadn't even noticed the end of the game. Real Madrid's mascot had collapsed. The players looked up to the stands and watched as a body was dragged out of a giant costume and onto a stretcher. "Huh, looks like our mascot fainted..." one of the players commented and another agreed beside him. "Hope he's gonna be okay, he's a nice guy" another expressed his concern as the players walked back towards their coaches. "You know the guy?" a teammate questioned. "Yeah, ran into him once, he's chill. He isn't a pushover like our old mascot" he answered.