Concussions and Flowers: Sae Itoshi

In which you somehow ended up in Spain for 2 months for vacation and your cousin's first official match apart of Real Madrid.

(M/n) was sat in one of the many bleachers of Camp Nou, waiting for Real Madrid to make their grand entrance. He was never even interested in the sport itself, only attending his cousin's matches and tournaments to encourage him.

Despite the lack of interest in soccer (or football however ya'll prefer), (m/n) actually knew a lot about the sport. From the rules to some pretty complex strategies used. Sometime's being asked to come up with game plans for his cousin's team during middle school.

You took out your phone, checking the time. 'They should be coming out any minute now, it's almost 7:30pm...' you had your own business to attend to after the match, so you were hoping for it to start as soon and end as it can. Scolding yourself for not purchasing the VIP seats because they were way too fucking expensive than they should be. But now, you were regretting it as the seats were compacted together, your shoulders brushing against the other people next to your sides. 'At least I have a front row seat...' you told yourself, trying to comfort yourself.

Oh but how you were soon to regret sitting so close to the field itself.

The crowd soon began to suddenly cheer. The legendary team was finally making its way onto the field. 'Thank fucking god...' your patience was running extremely thin at this point, and the match didn't even start yet.

You watched as the players of the Real Madrid Youth Team line up with one another, facing the opposing team. You weren't even bothering to listen to the announcers introducing the other players. You were only here for your cousin after all.

.

.

.

The match started, someone from Real Madrid taking the ball first. You watched the players run around the field somewhat intently, still not caring much for the actual match. Your eyes narrowed when you saw your cousin receiving the ball from one of the midfielders. You watched as he barely missed the net, the goalkeeper blocking the ball with the tip of his fingers.

The next time a Real Madrid player came into the goalkeeper's range, it was the midfielder who had originally passed the ball to your cousin who was about to shoot a goal.

Again, the goalkeeper being unreasonably good at his job, blocked the ball. Causing it to bounce off the pole rather hard. The next thing you knew, you had received the ball right in the face.

You felt and tasted the blood that was dripping from your nose as you watched your vision go dark. The last thing you heard were the announcers asking for medical assistance in the bleachers and your cousin calling out your name.

.

.

.

You woke up to a white tiled ceiling and an unfamiliar room. 'Ah...I must be in a hospital..' you looked around to see if there was anyone you could ask a few questions to. No one was in the white-tiled room except for you. You sighed in defeat, deciding to just lay back down until someone came up to check up on you.

All of a sudden, you had the sudden urge to throw up. You took notice of the barf bucket beside your bed and threw up into it. You didn't remember what had happened before you got here. Only remembering your cousin missing a goal.

As soon as you placed the barf bucket down, a nurse came into your room. "You're awake! Thank goodness" the nurse walked towards you holding a clipboard in her hands. You assumed she was going to ask you a few questions. Before you could ask how you got here, the nurse practically read your mind, "from what your cousin told me, it would appear that you received a harsh and powerful ball to the face thus causing you to blackout, correct?" you remained silent, not remembering much of the incident. "I'm sorry, I don't remember anything before arriving here" the nurse nodded and affirmed with you that it was quite normal for patients who suffered from a concussion to have slight memory loss.

.

.

.

You remained in the hospital for a few more days, your cousin coming in to visit you everyday. Until one day, it wasn't your cousin who came it, but the midfielder who was slightly responsible for sending you to the hospital in the first place.

You noticed that he was holding a bouquet of flowers in his hands and a letter rested on top of them. "If those are suppose to be apology flowers, you can take them back. If wasn't your fault that I got hit in the face" you suddenly spoke up, taking the red-head back slightly. "No, I insist, I am still somewhat responsible for giving you a concussion" he placed the bouquet on the small table beside your bed.

You sat there in silence, not sure on what to say next. "(L/n) (M/n)" you said. "Well, nice to meet you (l/n), I'm Itoshi Sae.." you gave him a small hum. "Hey (l/n), how about I treat you to lunch once you're discharged?" you were surprised to hear him offer you free lunch, but apart of you felt guilty. "No, no you've already gone out of your way to visit me, with a bouquet none the less. I wouldn't want to cause you more trouble" Itoshi shook his head, insisting that you allow to make up for the concussion you received.

In the end, you gave into his offer. Putting your information into his phone directly since you didn't have your phone on you at the moment.

Once Sae got your number, he stood up, readying to leave. "I'll come pick you up at your place alright? Just text me it once you can" with that, he bid you farewell as he left your hospital room.

Maybe getting a concussion from a famous soccer player wasn't too bad after all.