Love Me Not: Continuation of Forget Me Not

WARNINGS; Mentions of attempted suicide, Depression symptoms, Minor violence, Mentions of death

The air was thick with adrenaline and fear, each breath coming in ragged gasps as you ran down a narrow and dark alleyway on the outskirts of the city. You whirled your head behind, your heart hammered in your chest as they were slowly gaining on you. You wished you took those P.E endurance training sessions seriously in highschool at the moment. It felt like a never ending maze with each turn you took. Your muscles were aching, you were sure of it, but you couldn't feel a thing for the time being due to the adrenaline pumping through your veins. With a final desperate attempt of escaping, you rounded a final corner before being faced with nothing but a huge brick wall.

Your chest puffed up and down, with nowhere else to run, you turned to face your pursuers. "Man,...howthefuck...didI..endup...likethis?.." you gasped through each phrase before everything went black.

.

.

.

It was nearing the end of your shift, and you were working on cleaning the bar. Wiping down the counter meticulously, your thoughts drifted to your encounter just a few hours ago.

You stood there silently, stopping your cleaning, you clenched the rag in your hand, causing your knuckles to turn white. "You just had to come back..." you whispered under your breath, staring down at the wooden floor bitterly. Your shoulders slumped as you looked down at the counter, a sigh leaving your lips. You co-workers watching from afar, worry plastered on some of their faces. "Hey,...Should we check up on him?" one asked. "I'm not sure,...he looks really upset.." another murmured. "You think it's 'cause of the guy who dragged him out earlier?.." the third co-worker muttered. "I'm fine." the trio shuddered at the sound of your voice. Their gaze landed on you glaring at them.

"Our shifts are over, let's hurry and close up." you ordered, walking in-between your co-workers. They looked at each other and silently nodded.

.

.

.

"Hey Shidou, what's up with you dude? Y'a left for a good while, and when y'a came back you were all gloomy and shit. You looked even emoer than Rin over here" Karasu slung his arm over Shidou's shoulder with a confused look. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean, Karasu?!" Rin faced back and glowered at the ravenette. Karasu ignored his glare and kept poking at Shidou, "Y'a ran into your ex or sum?" Shidou slightly froze at the comment. "In a way." Shidou took Karasu's arm off of him and waved the rest of the group goodbye, taking off in the opposite direction, the direction towards a certain rundown neighbourhood.

The air was fresh, cold even. On this cold night, beneath the gaze of moonlight and the stars, the memories of the early evening flashed through his mind. "Please come back..." He didn't know who he was asking, you or his past self. His head hung low with his hands warm in the pockets of his thick winter jacket.

He walked in the midst of the night alone bathing in the moonlight, his shoulders weighed down by the heavy weight of regret. His face contorted in shame as he let out a sigh full of unspoken apologies.

.

.

.

Before Shidou knew it, he was facing you, in front of the same very house he used to run to in hopes of finding a certain boy to play soccer with so many years ago. "I..Don't know how I got here.." he admitted. "Yeah, no shit, you look like a lost child without his mommy." you retorted. There was only silence for a moment, before you broke it with an exasperated sigh. "What do you want, Shidou? This is the only chance I'm giving you to speak to me." His ears perked up at the comment. "I-...I'm sorry (M/n)..." his apologetic words laced with sincerity rolled off his tongue so easily. You remained silent, your fists clenched again, and your eyebrows furrowed, "Just what the fuck are you apologising for? Leaving without a word? Barely even making an effort to visit me? Never contacting me despite the countless letters I sent? WHAT IS SHIDOU?!" You pinched the bridge of your nose, feeling a migraine forming. "Leave." Shidou's eyes widened, "Wait-" "I said leave." You cut him off with a glare. "Whatever..." Shidou tsked as he walked off.