Umgadi?

Today's Umgadi trailer focuses in on the bodyguards who protected the royalty of Outworld. Li Mei, a character we haven't seen as playable since back in Armageddon, is prominently shown as the trailer kicks off.

We watch as Li lays into Raiden with primarily kicking techniques as she flips him about the screen and manifests pink energy to make her attacks hurt even more.

From there we cut to another familiar face that we haven't seen in a while: Tanya. She retains her traditional gymnast style movements, and uses a kind of segmented staff to enhance her hits. Tanya is also followed by a halo at certain points, perhaps showing off a new unique character mechanic of sorts.

Yet another fan favorite then pops up on screen as Baraka returns in his gory, Tarkatan glory. The fanged fighter shows off a handful of gnarly combos as he and his arm blades wreak havoc across a few different stages.

It looks as though Baraka's arm blades can now stick into his foes' bodies, perhaps doling out damage over time or acting as some other kind of unique mechanic.

In a bit of a "blink and you'll miss it" sequence, Darius shows up as a Kameo assist fighter to bury a knee into Baraka's stomach before rolling him to the ground.

It wouldn't be a Mortal Kombat 1 trailer without a climactic, Fatality filled finish, and that's exactly what we get next. Check it all out via the embed below and share your first thoughts in the comments after you do.