Pt. 21: Radio Silence

"Bellamy

"Bellamy..... your people don't deserve this."

Silence...

It's been dark for hours, the radio each time Lexa releases the button has stayed quiet, for hours. Overhead the gentle rumbles across the sky announce a storm rolling in.

"This is so childish you know..."

More silence.

Luna walks over to Lexa, who is laying on her bed, and reaches for the device in her hand. Lexa jerks it to the side out of her reach.

"If he won't answer me, he certainly won't answer to you." Lexa scoffs.

"You need to figure out what your plan is if he doesn't answer by morning."

Lexa's eyes are starting to show their exhaustion, "What do you mean, if he doesn't want to answer us, they will all starve. They are surrounded. Without hunting, they won't last more than a few weeks at most."  

Luna gives up on taking the radio away and sits at the small table on the other side of the tent

Luna gives up on taking the radio away and sits at the small table on the other side of the tent. She fiddles with her hands, scrapping the dirt from under her fingernails, "You'd really sit around here for weeks just to starve them out?"

Lexa sighs, "That was always the last resort. To enforce the blockade as it was meant to be until they overturn their leaders themselves."

Luna chews on her bottom lip. The rain has started, gently drumming against the roof of the tent. Lexa notices the girl seems impatient.

"What?" She probes.

Luna stays fixated on her hands, "Just feels like a long time."

Lexa sighs again and closes her eyes, "It takes as long as it takes"

"What if we can't wait that long?"

The commander sits up, confused, eyeing the girl across the tent, "Luna, what aren't you telling me?" Something's been different about her ever since she came back without Clarke. 

Luna strains to keep her nonchalant expression, "Nothing," she shrugs. The commander is far too relaxed. Of course now would be when she's got control of her temper. So she continues, "It just seems like each day that passes, you give them more and more power letting them defy you so blatantly."