Pt. 35: You Can't Un-see It

It's the best night's sleep Clarke has had in weeks, no, months.  Heck it might be her best night's sleep since before she was thrown in a cell on the Ark. 

Raven had crashed in her room with her, and even though she'd stayed on the far side of the bed, it felt like progress to just have slept okay knowing there was another person there with her. When a maid came by to bring her some fresh clothes, she accepted the offer to have a bath prepared, and promised Raven she'd meet her for breakfast with Octavia.. 

"At least knock this time." Clarke warns before Raven slips out into the hallway.

"Now where's the fun in that?" Raven grins at the doorway.

"Raven Boundaries!" Clarke yells after the girl.

"Never heard of 'em!" Comes the faint voice trailing down the hall.

Clarke relishes the warm bubbly water, hoping after a few more days, once her skin was fully healed, she might finally be ready to invite Lexa to stay the night with her. The lavender oils lulled her into such a relaxed state that she completely lost track of time.

//

//

Lexa still couldn't bring herself to sleep in her own bed without Clarke. She woke up on her couch only slightly achy, but was quickly up and off to the kitchen to assemble a breakfast tray to bring to Clarke.

There was a giddiness in her step, she found herself smiling several times just thinking about the little affections Clarke had allowed her the previous night and she just wanted to spend the whole day in that same spot if they could. To have Clarke leaned up against her, getting to nuzzle into the back of her head, hold her, just breathe her in, was all she needed today.

The commander knew this bubble wouldn't last forever. Once her council returned at the end of the week she would be back to a schedule of endless meetings and paperwork and politics. Any potential travel would hopefully be able to be postponed but she won't be able to focus if she doesn't know whether Clarke is okay. 

If her and Clarke could just get to a somewhat stable place by then, maybe even Clarke would be comfortable back in Lexa's chambers after a few more good days together.

It had nothing to do with anything physical, though the lack of touch was at the root of her paranoia about what things she didn't know, and the central part of her fear of her paranoia being validated.

Lexa keeps replaying their kiss. Despite the brevity, the spark was palpable and she desperately craved another. She needed Clarke's lips like they were a drug she would never break her addiction to. She'd even keep her hands behind her back this time, if only to make sure she didn't accidentally grab Clarke the wrong way again.

Lexa was hopeful that if Clarke would simply give them a whole day together, that Lexa could start remedying some of those triggers for the blonde, one tiny show of affection at a time. That's all she could ask for.  To be given the chance.