Chapter 2: The Design

Kion and Rani were walking alone. Kion sighed and stared down at his paws. Why did he have this horrible feeling?

Rani nudged him, "Kion, we're safe. You saved us."

"I know but...I still feel like we're in danger."

"Another vision?" Rani asked.

"No just...I don't know I have this feeling," He replied.

They sat under an Acacia Tree. "I promise you, Kion. We are safe."

Kion looked up and saw a Mandrill on the branch above them. He sighed again, "I guess."

A slow breeze came out of the blue.

"Don't guess. Know. We are alive thanks to you. We owe you our lives," Rani nuzzled him and Kion purred. There was a loud snap! Kion looked up and saw the branch the Mandrill was on had snapped. The Mandrill jumped to a different branch.

Kion watched as the sharp end of the branch fell, heading straight for Rani's skull. Kion's eyes widened. He wrapped his paws around her and threw her out of the way. The branch fell on the ground and shattered.

Kion gasped for breath and turned to Rani. She stared at him, wide-eyed, "You saved me again."

Kion quickly checked her over, making sure she was alright. He sighed in relief, "Those branches shouldn't be that sharp." He looked at the rest of the Acacia Tree and realized that branch was the only sharp one. He got suspicious.

Rani stood up on shaky legs. "Lean against me. Lets go back to Priderock," Kion said. Rani leaned against his shoulder and they walked back to Priderock.

Nala ran up to them, "What happened! Why do you two look so scared?"

"I almost died again but Kion saved me," Rani smiled.

Simba, Kiara, and Kovu ran up to check on them.

"We're alright. I think I'll just lay down," Kion walked to the back of Priderock and fell asleep with Rani beside him.

Simba walked to the edge of Priderock and smiled, "Thank you, father. For giving me a second chance."

The wind slowly blew through his mane. Simba smiled, thinking it was his father.

Simba walked down Priderock. Nala ran after him, "Simba! Where are you going!"

Simba turned around to her, "On a walk." As he said that, a random piece of steel blew through the air and went right through his head. Blood splattered onto Nala's face. Her eyes widened in shock and fear as she slowly watched Simba's head roll off his body to the ground.

Nala stood there, shaking. She screamed, "AHHH!"

Kiara and Kovu ran out, "What hap-" Kiara stopped her sentence as she saw her dad's head on the ground and blood on Nala's face.

Kovu ran to a bush and threw up.

Rani and Kion ran out shortly after. Kion's eyes widened, "D-Dad?"

They saw the steel on the ground, blood all over it.

They dug a hole and put Simba's body in it.

Nala cried as she put flowers over Simba's grave.

Kion gasped, "Wait!" Everyone turned to him. "In my vision, Rani died first, then dad, then mom, Kiara, then me. Kovu wasn't killed. Today, Rani was almost killed but I intervened. And now, dad is dead. If I'm guessing correctly, there is a pattern. And mom is next."

Nala's eyes widened, "Do you think Rafiki would know?"

"Most likely. C'mon," They ran toward the tree.

They called for Rafiki and explained everything to him.

Rafiki jumped down, "I see you finally understand. Yes, there is a pattern. You have to figure out the rest. I can't tell you anything more. But, I will say one thing. Taking a life will give you a new one." Rafiki went back up his tree.

The Royal Family looked at each other, "What?"

"Let's sleep on it. Maybe we'll figure it out," Kovu suggested.

Nala snarled, "Says you! You're the one who isn't in danger of dying!" Nala roared and tackled him down.