𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

Naksh Arora

We quickly sat in her car, and her driver drove off. I think maybe we are going at her house first. My breathing got even and I turned to her.

"What was that?" I asked.

"I thought you knew.. but okay, it's called a kiss"

"Seriously? I never knew. Thanks for that information" saying this I looked out of the window.

I feel the seat next to me dipping, indicating she's sitting there. She held my chin and made me face her.

"Were you really going?" She asked me and she sounded a bit upset.

I took out the ticket from my pocket and flaunted it in front of her. She checked it and gave it back to me.

"Were you going because of me?" She asked

"Maybe"

"What is maybe? Answer it" she commanded.

"Didi, ghar aa gaya" her driver told her and we got out. But Vidhi held my suitcase and got down.

"This suitcase-"

"Is mine. I know" I tried to snatch it but I failed.

"Then why is this so light-" she moved in with fastest pace she could and opened it. I followed her, knowing what was coming my way.

"Why is this suitcase empty, Naksh? You showed me ticked you were going. Was it all fake?"

"Nothing was fake. Let me explain, Vidhi"

"Say!" She was confused.

"Pehli baat, mai jaa raha tha, sach mein jaa raha tha. Chandigarh ka ticket hai, but next stop pe utar jata tha. And waha se ghar. This all was to make you realise what your feelings really are! I wanted you to know your feelings. I know tumhe jhoot bolne walo se gussa aata hai but this was the only way I can think of to make you realise. Waise dekha jaaye toh maine jhoot nahi bola. Mai ja raha tha"

"Aap sidha bhi keh sakte the Naksh!" Her voice was a bit accusing.

"Mai keh toh deta, par kya tum samajti?"

She was silent all along. I knew she wanted time, but it's high time she should realise. I felt that.

"Dinner karoge?" She asked

"Okay" I agreed.

Four hours later-

We had dinner in silence and she was utterly silent. I didn't meant to hurt her or anything.

Naksh, cheer her up!

We were done with dinner and we just had washed our hands and we were moving towards living room.

I held her hands and spinned her to me. She looked down and I took that opportunity. I lifted her chin with my fingers and made her look at me.

I couldn't understand what was with that gaze. So, I simply placed my lips over her forehead, giving her a light kiss.

"It's okay" I assured.

We just sat on the sofa next to each other. She wasn't moving at all so I side hugged her and brought her to me. We cuddled a bit.

We hugged and I placed my chin over her head. Maybe to make her feel secure. "Kya hua hai Vidhi?"

In reply she just hugged me tighter, buring her head into my chest. While I caressed her head and give a light kiss on her hair.

Trust me, whatever shampoo she use- is just taking me down!

"Vidhi?" I called her out

"Hmm?"

"What happened?"

"I'm sorry, because of me.. everything like this took place and-"

"It's nothing because of you. It's okay right? Every person has a different way to react. So do you. There's nothing wrong in it" I said slowly caressing her back.

I guess she's a bit emotional now. And thanks to all the romantic novels I've read cause of my ex!

Kuch toh accha kaam karke gayi wo. At least

"I think I should go.. Mom dad bhai wait kar rahe hoge. And I don't want to worry them more"

"Hmm.. five minutes, please?" Saying this she snuggled more into me. Trust me when I say this- her warmth is addicting. I lied about mom dad because I know if I stay by her side like this, it would hard for me to control. And I don't want to disturb the new peace that has set among us recently.

I want to take things slow. For her sake at least.

Thinking about this, my grip around her got tighter and, I could feel her warm breath hitting on my skin. It's really hard to go away from her. But the fact that was worrying me was- she was silent all along.

I want her to confess, take out what's in her mind. Even if it's yelling at me or hitting me.

I glanced at the time and it was post fifteen minutes now. Now, my parents would really be worrying. I've never been this late.

It's okay as far as she's concerned

Yeah, I mean- not wrong.

"Vidhi" I called her.

"Yeah, you should go" she said detaching from me. I list her warmth. Only then I realised how good it feels to be near her. Not everyone have this same fate as me.

"Um.. Yeah!" I said defeatedly and stood up. She came to see me off till the door.

"Take care" she said.

"Yeah, you too" I smiled

She paused and I turned to go but she said, and I halt again, facing her.

"G-good night"

"Good night" I smiled and turned to get going.

"Sweet dreams!" I heard her again when I took a step forward towards the exit.

"Sweet dreams to you too, Vidhi" I said trying to be a bit dominant so she would utte what she wanted to say.

And I turned again to go. Actually I was testing her.

"Nakshhh!" I smiled and turned again.

I know she don't want me to go. And I love this thing.

"Bolo Vidhi" I encouraged her.

"Wo-"

"Wo?" I asked taking a step towards her and she stepped back.

"Mai keh rahi thi ki-"

"Ki?" I took one more step towards her and she took a step back.

"Will you be my Boyfriend, Naksh?" She uttered in a breath closing her eyes tightly as she was scared of my reaction.

God! Damn!! How can you pour all the cuteness in just a single human, haa?

She opened her eyes and glanced at me.

"A million times, Yes!" I said sensing her discomfort in fighting her internal battle that was clearly evident on her face.

She came and hugged me, dipping her face in the crook of my neck. And I'm loving it.

And after a few minutes, I went home.