𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

Shayra

I was all dolled up in my bridal lehenga and I was made to sit on his bed, covering my face with the veil.

I heard the door opening and closing, indicating he had come into the room.

I was observing his every step through my veil and my stomach churned watching him come close to me and I closed my eyes in fear of what would be happening the next moment.

But the bed never dipped.

I slowly opened my right eye to find him, but I didn't. So I opened both of my eyes and looked for him around.

He never came in the view.

I took of the veil and put it on the bed.

Suddenly, I heard a sound of a door. My gaze went to the source and I saw him.

In his Pilot uniform.

"Um- actually- I have to go! I've a flight! I tried to make sure that it's my leave time, but some other pilot is absent so"

"It's okay.. Fly safe" I wished him to be safe.

"Take care" he replied me back.

"You too" my heart dropped.

Whose husband leaves her on their wedding night?

It's his job!

So what?

Serving the nation comes first. Anyday.

You and your poetic lines!

It maybe possible, that on his flight there might be any soldier who is waiting to get home. Any father waiting to meet his kids-

I understood! I understood!

Good.

I smiled in content. And my smile dropped as I saw him going.

It's true that I never expected this. Although we decided to give ourselves time, but I thought we would become good friends today. But I think it's not on my cards.

It's okay Shayru, get into your comfortable clothes, and sleep.

Yeah, that's what I'm left with I guess. I quickly tried to remove my bridal lehenga, and undo my makeup. It took one hour to just remove all the hair pins!

The struggle only girls can relate to!

I drifted myself on his bed and-

Your bed too.

That's new!

Well, it's right. Our bed.

Correct.

I was currently blankly staring at the ceiling. What was the night supposed to, and what it is! Even though Vihaan and I met a few times before marriage, he seemed that he was okay with this marriage. Like, it's arranged, but still.

I was content too as my uncle had chosen him for me. I know my Chachu would never do something wrong to me, or won't even let something bad happen to me purposely.

I internally told my mom dad, that I'm married today. It has been long they left this world. I keep them updated by everything I get my hands with.

Thinking random things, I didn't knew when sleep engulfed me.

Next morning I woke up to this annoying noise of alarm. And it read six thirty. I quickly got up and freshened up.

Changing into a normal salwar suit, I added accessories to complete my look. On the table there was vermilion. I took and applied it in my hairline.

This will always remind me of Vihaan.

My husband.

A thought of him, and I grabbed my phone and texted him good morning. I didn't expect an instant reply as he had a fouteen-hour long flight.

I went downstairs, and began preparing breakfast for all. But the cooks in the house insisted on helping me, as that's what they are for they said.

So we together cooked Upma, kheer, parathe fir everyone.

Vihaan's family was really good to me. His mother, his dad, his younger brother everyone welcomed me in the family with open arms. I felt touched. Afterall finally I got a family of my own.

As I had nothing to do, I spent my day with his mom, who was telling me about his childhood memories, achievements, and showed me photo albums of him.

No doubt he's dead handsome. My heart swells with pride knowing this particular human is my husband. I liked him. I liked him for everything he has been through. I liked him for what he is today.

His mom then narrated me about the incident that took place when he was in his flying school. How he caught up and decided that he has to become a pilot and so on.

I just took an album and came to our room, sitting on his desk.

I saw his name written near it.

Vihaan Sachdev

I traced my fingers on it, feeling th incarnation of the letters on my fingertips. That reminded me of my new name.

Shayra Vihaan Sachdev.

"Accha lagta hai tera naam mere naam ke sath,
Jaise koi subha judi ho kisi haseen shaam ke sath."

A smile formed on my lips, thinking about my expected married life. How beautiful will it be. The life I always dreamt of.

Soon, night approached and we had dinner, it was quite a good feeling that everyone here has dinner together sharing their thoughts on what happened with them today. It keeps family alive and updated I feel. I enjoyed it.

I came back to room, I realised I'm thinking about him a bit more than usual today. I just had a little liking for him since our pre-marriage phase. Because we all knew why these meetings are for, and I knew he would be my future husband. I began seeing my future life with him. His etiquettes, his respect attracted me towards him. I feel lucky to have him in my life.

My phone pinged with a notification sound and I took it to see.

Hey! Very late good morning. Actually I was flying and when we got up, we had our meetings. Now I got free so I texted you. How are you?

A smile formed on my face seeing notification from my husband.

I'm fine. Take care of yourself.

Yes. You too.
Accha, it's late night, you should sleep.
Good night.

But I want to talk to you!!!

Yeah, good night.
Take care Vihaan 🤍

Yes, bbye ☺️

Bbye!

-------
Next update : Tomorrow (17/12/2023)