Chapter 22: Visiting The Imperial Palace

Visiting The Imperial Palace

After the great fight, Esdeath, Garou and the rest headed back to the royal palace. The group first headed toward the medical compound to make sure Esdeath would receive proper treatment. Garou tagged along as he didn't know his way in the palace and he really had nothing else to do.

"Hmm.. you have been silent since we arrived here. Maybe you are worried for me or maybe guilty for injuring me" Esdeath smirked looking at Garou, while her six subordinates wanted to cry. The guy was definitely annoyed by your antics, but you still continue regardless. They swore in their heart to find someone who can educate their commander on how to flirt with short-tempered men.

Garou watched Esdeath with an unamused glare as he replied in a flat tone "No, I was wondering if I should have ripped your tongue out your jaw."

"Actually you can't silent someone by doing that, he will only give muffined sounds of pain which might prove more annoying than words. I would suggest you to go for the skin or the limbs if you are torturing them, the pain might cause them to lose their ability to talk or move" Esdeath suggested, as she wanted her lover to be well versed in torturing people.

In return for her sincere intention toward him, Garou stared dumbly at her. He met his fair share of weirdos, but this one is really taking it to a whole new different level. She was crazy, had weird fetishes, honour, unstable emotions and courage, and she was a battle maniac. Now, she was guiding him on how to beat people. The more he interacted with her, the more he believed she had some screws loose in her head. Maybe coming here wasn't a good idea.

"Anyway, I won't let you wait. Rin order someone to go and get the prize's money, make it double the amount" Esdeath ordered

"I don't need double, just give me the original amount" Garou commented not liking how things were going.

"It is my gift for you, it is not much compared to what gave me" Esdeath replied happily.

"What are you going on about now?" Garou was confused again

"That was the most exciting fight I had ever had, besides this feeling in my chest is really nice, I like it" Esdeath said as she blushed.

Garou sighed in resignation, maybe she will be his first kill in this world. He looked at Rin with malice as he said "Move your ass fast as you can, I don't want to stay in the same place as her much longer."

From behind, Esdeath gave Rin a death stare as if she was telling him to take his time. The poor blond wanted to cry, he was going to displease one of these two monsters no matter what he did. The rest of his teammates gave him a look of pity.

Rin headed out intending to take a reasonable time and praying for the best. At the same time, a child followed by a fat man and a large muscular armoured man entered the room. Garou watched them with no interest, while the others dropped on their knees. Garou noted their actions, these three must be a very high in status, especially the kid, he is probably a prince or something like that.

"What was going on, general? Why did act like this in the middle of the city, we watched from the palace, and we were worried ...." the child spoke, but then he realised the bandages covering her. He was shocked, he asked "were you attacked by the traitors? How did it go? And how are your wounds?"

"I thank your majesty for your concern. The answer is no, we weren't under attack, I just had a friendly match against a candidate lover of mine" Esdeath answered with a straight face.

The boy and the two men behind him were stunned silly, was that a friendly match? What about a deathmatch. They nearly destroyed a part of the capital in the processes. On the side, Garou was still standing, when he heard the boy speaking, he remembered a tiny detail he heard when he first arrived. The current emperor was a little child. When the talk continued, he was sure of his guess. He still didn't interrupt it, as he was amused by their expression. As the one being spoken about, he was definitely not friendly, he might have gone a little easy on Esdeath and didn't destroy her completely, but was because of the unusual circumstances and the warrior nature she showed.