Chapter 33: Garou vs Nightraid - Part 2

Garou not bothering to wait anymore, charged toward Najenda. The assassins were shocked by Garou's reaction, but they still reacted fast enough. Susanoo stood in front of Najenda protectively, while Gato threw his axes toward the dashing Garou from the right side. Simultaneously, Mine who was standing on top of the near mounting shot an energy bullet to Garou's left side. From behind, Tatsumi ran after Garou intending to strike him from the back.

In mere moments, Garou was in front of Susanoo, with an energy bullet heading to his head from the left, a flying axe to the neck from the right and an armoured fella right behind him. Garou was not worried in the slightest, he extended his hand and caught the axe midair, he then proceeded to throw it in the direction of the bullet flawlessly. The axe cut through the bullet. It flew directly toward the source with alarming speed, slightly faster than the energy bullet. Mine who saw the axe heading toward her ducked immediately avoiding a deadly injury.

Through all of this, Garou didn't slow down at all. He stood in front of Susano and punched out. Susanoo blocked the blow but not without him getting pushed back. Garou was not done yet, but Tatsumi caught up with him. Tatsumi stabbed toward the back of Garou with intent to kill him, but Garou was still faster. Without any delay, Garou rotated around while sending a kick changing the direction of the spear. He didn't stop his momentum there, he used his other leg to kick Tatsumi in the head sending him flying away.

Susanoo, seeing Tatsumi thrown away, didn't sit still, he attacked with his mace. However, Garou turned back and caught the mass with a single hand stopping Susanoo in his track. Behind Susanoo, Najenda jumped to the side and punched with her metallic arm. Garou looked a the approaching piece of junk and hit it with his free hand. Najenda's eyes widened as her metallic arm was shattered to pieces upon contacting Garou's arm. She cursed internally and jumped back to create some distance.

Garou felt a slight wind moving behind him and realized immediately someone was trying to attack him from a blind spot. He snorted lightly and rotated fastly with Susanoo's mace in hand, forcing Susanoo to rotate alongside him. Garou saw Akame pointing her katana at him and about to strike, but he didn't slow down, he used Susanoo's body as a weapon to hit Akame. The sheer force made Susanoo let go of his mace and get knocked away alongside Akame.

Garou looked back at Najenda, she was staring at him with visible fear. The way he took her subordinates one after another so quickly and destroyed her arm reminded her of Esdeath, but a much stronger version, she couldn't help but step back. He smirked and moved closer to her while still holding the mass. Suddenly, few knives came toward him from the side, Garou used the mace to block them and looked at the source. Lubbock stood there with wires surrounding him. Lubbock said "Don't get cocky!"

Garou didn't reply, he simply smirked and throw the mace toward Lubbock, who shaped his wires in front of him in the shape of a shield. Mace clashed with the shield and stopped momentarily before breaking through and hitting Lubbock in the chest, knocking him down. Lubbock coughed blood as his consciousness faded away.

Garou ignored the green dwarf and continued toward Najenda, but to Garou's displeasure, he was interrupted again. Sai manipulated all the water in the area and sent flying blades made of water toward Garou, who deflected them with ease.

Sai looked at Najenda and said hurriedly "If this continues, we will be defeated here! We should retreat for now and figure how to take him down later."

Najenda's mind started working again after hearing Sai, her eyes hardened as she ordered "Sai, Gato, Leone and Susanoo keep him busy. Tatsumi carry Lubbock and retreat. Akame go get Mine"

All Nightraid's members followed their leader's orders without delay. While Najenda retreated to get her tamed flying beast to carry them and leave this place.