Chapter 5

Akaza POV:

*KNOCK KNOCK* "Hello is anyone in there?" A voice said

My eyes shot open, and I lifted my head from the wall.

"Huh, what time is it?" I said in a sleepy voice. I stretched my arms

"It's almost time for the second period of school," the boy outside the stall said

"WHAT?" I yelp. I quickly stood up and unlocked the door.

"Thanks for waking me up," I told the boy. He looked young maybe he was a first-year, and he also had a huge star on his forehead.

"No problem, but um... You have some..." Then he pointed to the corner of his lip. I looked into the mirror that was in front of me, and there was drool running down the corner of my lip. My face turned a deep red and I used my sleeve to wipe off the drool.

"Thanks again" I mumbled to the boy. And ran out the door and down the hall to my Homeroom class. When I got there my teacher was standing there with his arms crossed and he looked pissed.

"Akaza, Not only did you skip class, but you also took a nap in the bathroom. Are you serious?". I didn't know what to say to that

"You're going to face serious consequences for that but for now I going to punish you. For the rest of the month, you're going to stay behind and clean up this classroom." The teacher said.

"And since you missed your test you're going to have to make that up after school today, got it?"

"Yes, sir," I said while looking down at the floor. I heard the whispers of students all around me who just what what had happened. I turned around and walked to my second-period class without picking up my head.

[...Lunch Period...]

Akaza's POV:

The Bell Rang for Lunch but I didn't feel like eating anything. I just wanted to be alone. As I was walking down the hall to the courtyard, Enmu came up to me.

"I was looking for you everywhere, where did you..." I interrupted him

"I'm sorry I can't talk right now, can I please have some time alone?" I asked

Enmu paused for a second, then said "Oh...yeah, sure"

And I walked past him, I felt bad for leaving him there but I just needed a second to cool down. When I made it to the courtyard I decided to sit at a bench that was far away from the people who were sitting and playing outside. Most people didn't like to sit on that bench since it was pretty far from the lunch area. But I liked it cause it was always quiet there and there was a good amount of shade. I laid down on the bench and closed my eyes, Everything felt good at that moment I wanted to be in a state like this forever. I heard someone making their way over to me, "Maybe they aren't coming to me specifically" I thought so I continued to close my eyes.

"Is it ok if I sit here?" said a voice. I opened my eyes and it was Douma.

I didn't answer, I only sat up in a sitting position. He sat down right next to me and opened up his lunch, I looked away.

"I forgot to wake you up when I was leaving," He said. I didn't answer

"I didn't touch any of your stuff if you're worried" I still didn't answer

"I enjoyed last night especially when you..."

"Listen, Douma," I said cutting him off "I don't wanna talk right now so can you..." I turned to him. Douma was looking down at the floor and his face and ears were bright red. My eyes widened then I quickly looked away again.

"I didn't see with lunch so, here you can have this" He placed something down next to me. And he got up without looking at me and hurried away. It took me a few minutes to finally look at what was placed next to me, and it was a bento box. I half smiled "Maybe he is so bad after all" I whispered.

[...End Of School...]

Akaza's POV:

Throughout the rest of the day I tried to be as diligent as possible, but I was still dreading after school with my homeroom teacher. As the final bell rang, I felt a tap on my shoulder and it was Emnu.

"Are you feeling better now?" He asked

"No, I'm feeling even more anxious now that school is over," I said.

"Hey, the most you'll stay after school is like 3 hours. So if you want we can hangout after" He offered

"I think I'd like that," I said with a smile.

"Ok, see you later then" he put his hand on my shoulder, then walked away.

After a few moments by myself, I decided to make my way to my homeroom class. When I got there the classroom was empty and there was also a note on my teacher's desk saying "An emergency came up so you'll take the test on Monday. Don't forget to clean the classroom, take out the trash, and lock the door using the spare key". I let out the biggest sigh of relief. I was not ready for the teacher's fury he was going to unleash on me. I started to clean up the place, I cleaned up the chalkboard, got rid of the dust in the erasers, and swept up the classroom. It took me an hour to organize and clean up everything thoroughly. Since the last thing I needed to do was to take out the trash, I locked the door but I made sure I propped open the door. Because after I took out the trash I still needed to leave the spare key and pick up my things from inside the classroom. I finished tying the trashbag, lifted it, and made my way to the dumpster behind the school. When I got down there I saw a few sports teams practicing outside, I made sure none of the members saw me taking out the trash and finally placed the bag in the dumpster. I looked up to the sky "The sun is setting" I thought to myself. As I was looking up something on top of the roof caught my eye, it looked like...fire. Not it wasn't fire, it was hair, someone was on the roof. I wanted to investigate because It was almost impossible to get on the roof, the door to the roof was always locked. I ran inside and ran up the stairs to the roof, I was soon standing in front of a door that said "Roof access(NO STUDENTS ALLOWED) " I pushed it open not expecting it to budge.

It was cold on top of the roof and windy, I hugged my uniform jacket closer to me. I walked a bit on the roof until I saw a figure. The person was facing away from me, and they were near the edge of the roof, which was luckily caged up.

"Hey, you know you're not supposed to be up here," I said.

Rengoku turned to face me and smiled "I know,"