17

"You wear it better but gotta give it back"

"It's the Corpanga Wednesday night!" Brooke excitedly cheers on the phone, as she swiftly brushes the comb through her soft curls. 
Every Wednesday, when Cory and Topanga went on a date, Shawn and Brooke would hang out at the arcade, cafes or bowling alleys. Best thing ever. It wasn't a date. But Brooke was fine with whatever it was.

"Oh...well...this is awkward" Brooke's eyebrows crash together as she hears an almost inaudible mumble across the other line.
"What's wrong? Should I come pick you up or are you coming...?" Brooke heard Shawn wince.

"Brookie, I'm so sorry. I thought I told you but I probably forgot..." Shawn said as embarrassment lingers in his tone.
"Forgot what..?"

"I...actually kinda have a date tonight" Shawn bit his tongue as Brooke's smile fades from the other side.
"oh..." She whispered.

"I'm so sorry, I should've told you..."
"Oh don't be silly, Shawn! Go enjoy your date..." Masking her uneasiness, she let out a chuckle that was enough to convince him that she was okay.
"Were you dressed or something?" He asked, while also getting ready for his date on the other side of the line.

"No. I'm in my pajamas"
"Oh well then. I'd hate to be the one who wastes your time" Shawn chuckled briefly.
"Yeah. Welp, gotta go. Dad needs help with something. You enjoy your date, okay? Bye" Shawn hummed as Brooke ended the call.

"I'm in my pajamas" Brooke whispered to herself, sighing as she removed the earrings she had borrowed from Amy, briefly before harshly wiping off the soft rose Labello lip-balm. 

She stared at the skirt Topanga lent her. "All this for nothing" She muttered.

--

"We barely have time to catch up" Topanga complained as she sat on Morgan's bed.
"I know. That's why I love it when Morgan goes to her friends' house for a sleepover" Brooke chuckled.

"You probably don't wanna talk about it. But are you over Shawn?" Brooke sighed at the question. "It was a silly 2 day crush, right? Brookie, you can't have serious feelings for Shawn. Look, Shawn's my friend...but you're number 1 for me. Don't tell Cory I said that. but you know what I mean. Brooke I don't want your views on love and relationship to change because it ended...not well" Topanga added as much euphemism as she could. But they both knew she was failing.

"Of course! I'm obviously over him. Look, I wasn't thinking straight. You know what lack of sleep does to me" Brooke chuckled.
"Good. I promise you'll get some guy who wants commitment as much as you do. Prince charming. Perfect guy!" Brooke sighed.
"Don't get my hopes up, Tops"

"I'm not! Look, just like me-"
"No. You and I have no comparison when it comes to love life. The moment you rescued Cory from the monkey bars, you knew he was the one. We can't say the same for me, y'know that. How will I ever know when I find the one?"

"Brooke, don't rush it. You'll find someone when you least expect it"
"Easy for you to say. No two-year old is looking for a relationship" You both laughed a bit.

"The point is...you're over Shawn, aren't you?" Brooke nodded.
"Totally over him" Brooke placed her palm on Topanga's, but retracted it when the door opened.

"Hey!" Shawn quickly rushes in. Beads of sweat were dripping from his face as his bangs were glued to his forehead. He wasn't wearing his usual leather jacket but a tight T-shirt that accentuated his arms. 
Oh how attractive that made him look...
Bless Cory for lending Shawn his clothes. 

"I must've dropped it somewhere here" he mumbled, a sort of urgency on his face.
"You looking for something?" Topanga asked, with a raised eyebrow. 
"yeah, well...Brooke and I were talking last week in her room and I must've dropped the kiwi-mango gloss here!" 

"O-Oh I did find something on the table. I j-just assumed it was T-Topanga's" Brooke said, still stuck in a trance, her eyes pupils dilated.
"Well...Can I have it...?" Topanga glared at Brooke.
"Can he, Brooke?" She said with a raised brow.

"Y-yes..." Brooke handed him a small tube.
"Thanks..." He kept it back in his pocket.

"Well. You looked desperate to find that" Topanga waited for an answer.
"I kinda was." He muttered under his breathe, almost incoherent.

"Gotta go" He said before twisting himself, to walks away. Not 2 steps later, he paused in his tracks and spun himself around.

He leaned in closer to Brooke as his thumb travelled to her lips and wiped an excess bit of gloss that had travelled slightly below the lip line. The brunette's breathe hitched at the contact. Her heart started thumping against her chest. Thoughts spiraling and she started hallucinating.

 Thoughts spiraling and she started hallucinating

"You wear it better...but I gotta give it back" He winked before casually jogging out of the girls' room as if he didn't just shake up the world of one of them. 

Shawn shut the door on his way out.

Topanga grunted and threw a pillow at Brooke's face. She snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Topanga.

"I just know that I wasn't hallucinating. You saw that too, didn't you?" Brooke asked, hopefully.
"Over him, huh?" Topanga glared, making the younger sigh.

"I thought we both knew that I was shitting. Did you see what he did? How could I get over that?!" Brooke buried her face in her palms and groaned.
"Brooke, it's Shawn! The same Shawn who is a player. You know that! Why would y-"
"Look, Topanga...ever since that ski trip, I've forgotten logic. I do have an idea of how badly this would end and how hurt I would be. 90% of me is still trying to fight these feelings. But 10% of me has already given up. And like I said, I've forgotten logic. So this 10% seems stronger than the 90%." Topanga places a palm on Brooke's hand.

"I know what it feels like, okay? I've felt these feelings too." She inhaled. "I don't know what advice to give you, honestly. All I can say, is just please try not to get hurt. I know I sound like an idiot but try moving on...?" Brooke sighs and nods.

"Thanks" She hugs her. Without Topanga, the situation would've been more confusing.

------------------------------

Stan Topanga.

Double update because I disappeared for like 15 days. Sorry-