51

"I just needed a special person on my special day"

(The music symbol represents the starting of a song. Let's pretend that "Until I found you" by Stephen Sanchez existed in 1997-)

"I don't wanna get my license on my birthday. Cory gets his spotlight, I get mine. It's a win win" Brooke twirled the piece of telephone cord around her finger.
"So, he's not celebrating his sweet 16 on his birthday?" His voice was muffled, as if he was fidgeting with something. 
"No, D.M.V is his celebration. The day after my party"
"Good for him. Oh hey! We can all go on that road trip now!!" Shawn cheered.

"Really? Cause my dad tried teaching him and we either die cause he speeds or die of old age cause of how slow he is. There is no in between" Shawn snickered, hearing that. "Shawn, it's already late. You should probably go sleep. Cause you literally will fall asleep in class" Brooke continued, stretching her legs, knowing that the call will end in the next few seconds.

"Nah, it's all good. I'll have coffee. Won't sleep"

"You just say that...I know you will end up sleeping throughout the classes. C'mon, go sleep, already!" Brooke chuckled, yawning soon after. "I'm super tired. I'm gonna go get some sleep. You should too. Okay?"

"Yeah sure...bye. Good night. I love you" He said, waiting for a reply. 
"Bye bye. Love you too." Brooke said, ending the call. 

-------------------------

"What color is your dress?" He randomly asked, as all eyes turn towards him. Cory stopped eating his pasta and gave Shawn a weird look. 
"The one you're gonna wear for the party" He clarified. 
"Oh...um it's pink. Why?" Brooke asked, frowning. 

"Because, I need to arrange for a pink tie." He said as if stating the obvious.
"Wait what? You're gonna match your tie with my dress?" Brooke asked, confused. 
"Yeah obviously. What do you think I was gonna wear?" He scoffs, shaking his head from side to side. 

"I thought you'd find it cheesy" Brooke says tilting her head slightly, with a small smile capturing her face.
"Oh yeah I do find it cheesy" Her smile drops. "But hey, who doesn't like cheese? Inject my damn burger with cheese!" Shawn exclaimed, as Brooke broke into fits of giggles. 

Topanga stood there a few metres away, staring at them with admiration in her eyes. 
"She's so happy with him" She whispered to Cory. 
"She is, isn't she?" He said with a toothy grin. 
"They're matching outfits on her sweet 16" She commented. 

"Yeah and? You wore red and we matched" Cory reminded. 
"Yeah, your Darth Vader mask did have hints of red" She playfully glared.