52

"I love you so much

"I love you so much. I ever tell you that?"

"Hon, it's 10. Does Mr. Turner know you're here?" Shawn nodded his head. "Eh...maybe...maybe not" Brooke gets up and glares at him. 
"You didn't inform him? Shawn you know he gets worrie-"

Brooke is cut off when Amy calls from downstairs. "Brooke, Honey, It's Mr. Turner...for Shawn" Brooke scoffs and hops out of bed with Shawn following behind. 

He takes the phone. 
"Hey John...woah, geez chill...uh huh. yeah...ok...no...yeah...I am...oh you bad bad boy. Yeah I'll ask. Ok John, good night"

Shawn ends the call and looks around.
"So?" Brooke motioned towards the telephone. 
"You're right, he got pissed." Shawn looked towards Amy and sheepishly smiled. "John asked if it's okay if I sleepover tonight. He's having a guest over" Amy's face fell. 
"Sweetie, don't be silly. You know you don't have to ask. I'll have Cory set up the cot for you" She sweetly chirped before walking away. 

"You're staying" Brooke broke out in a contagious, gummy smile that resulted in Shawn showing a few teeth himself. 
"Yeah well I am"

--------------------

"Babe, we're gonna be late for class...let's go" Brooke taps her foot, waiting (im)patiently for the boy glued to the telephone. 
"Yeah just a minute. I'm trying to check my messages" Shawn's gaze averted to a familiar passer by. "John, what's your code"

Turner opened his mouth to reply but Cory butted in.

"oh it's 1434" Turner's ears perked, as he glared at the curly headed boy. 
"Matthews, how do you know my secret code?"

"Easy. It's the same as your bank password. Oh. by the way, remind me I owe you 40 bucks" He awkwardly chuckled. 

"Well, no messages. My dad hasn't called in two weeks now." Shawn turned on his heel with a disappointed look. 
"I wouldn't worry too much, Shawn. Could be a million good reasons." Brooke stepped forward and comforted him by rubbing his back.

"Yeah." Cory paused. "Didn't he say he was on his way to the Vatican to visit his old friend the Pope?" Shawn nodded. 

"Well, they only have one phone there and it's in the Pope's bedroom. And you don't want to go in there." Cory reasoned. 
"Yeah we went there for vacation last summer. That's why Cory would know" She glared at her twin, earning a mirrored expression. 

"It was just after his last letter, I thought he was headed this way. I was hoping to get to see him, that's all." Shawn sighed and walked off to class, followed by Cory.

"Babe-" Brooke turned to Johnathan. "Mr. Turner, when was the last time Mr. Hunter called? I mean, you gotta get Shawn's dad out here for at least a visit. Shawn hasn't seen him since he took off after his mom. And that was, like, almost a year ago." She said, her gaze lingering on Shawn who was about to step into the classroom.  

"I don't think he's coming back real soon, Brooke" He replied.

"Why do you say that?"

"Well, because Chet's calls are getting fewer and far between. And a few months back he sent me the paperwork to make me Shawn's legal guardian." Hearing Turner's words, Brooke's face broke out in a smile. 
"What- that's great! Shawn loves you and he's super happy being at your place."