7

Kyler asked Chicago if he could go with June since he's been working morning and night shifts, and Chicago gave a nod.

_

"That was a blast!!!" June exclaimed as they stepped off the rollercoaster. "Wanna check out the haunted house?" Chicago suggested, a mischievous grin on his face while June's smile faded.

They decided to explore the amusement park to make the most of their time and distract themselves from their worries.

"No way! I'm never going in there!"

Chicago couldn't help but laugh at his friend's ongoing rant about the terrifying ghost that had scared the living daylights out of June earlier. June had clung to him for dear life, and Chicago found it endearing how clingy June could be.

Then they decided to go home before it got dark. As they walked, Chicago gave his jacket to June because June had been hugging himself to keep warm.

"We're here," Chicago said softly as they arrived at Kyler's house, making June pout in disappointment because the time had seemingly gone by so quickly. "I had fun, thanks to you." June was truly grateful for Chicago spending time with him, and Chicago smiled in response.

June had to tiptoe a bit since Chicago was slightly taller. He then pulled Chicago down by the back of his neck to kiss his cheek, making Chicago widen his eyes in surprise. June often showed his gratitude through physical touches, and their friends didn't find it weird; they liked it instead.

Although Chicago was a motherly friend to June, his feelings for him had never disappeared over the years.

June wouldn't deny that sometimes Chicago could make him blush or feel fluttered by his words.

As June smiled shyly at him, Chicago chuckled and pulled June closer by the waist.

June was taken by surprise, his face reddening in shyness.

"Can I kiss you?" Chicago asked his friend, the one he had feelings for.

June blushed deeply, his mind trying to process the question.

"I'm sorry, don't mind me-" Chicago started.

"You can," June said, trying not to be too obvious about how hard he was blushing.

It only took seconds before Chicago pressed his lips to June's soft lips.