Chapter 10: Luca the Menace

"Must you do this, Nathan? Hindi na ito tama. You are getting a bit too extreme on this one."

Inihilig ni Nathan ang mukha sa sariling kamay na parang nababagot bago tinapik ng hintuturo ang ulo ng pawn sa chessboard.

"I don't intend to do the right thing against the Asturias, Lucy."

He knocked off the horse and ate the bishop using the pawn.

Lucy entwined her fingers and used them to support her chin when she leered at his opponent.

"Sloppy move. Very sloppy move," she commented and ate the rook with a pawn. "Masamang paglaruan ang pakiramdam ng isang tao, Nathan. Believe me. Karma will bounce back at your lap if you do that."

"If you really believe about karma then tell me why the Asturias haven't had their share yet? It's been years already. Naliligaw yata ang karma nila."

"Everything has its purpose and timing, Tryst. As cliche as it may sound but everything happens for a reason."

Natigilan siya nang marinig ang pangalawang pangalan. Ilang taon na rin mula nang huli niyang marinig na may tumawag sa kaniya nang ganun.

He dragged his queen and put it right beside her king.

"Checkmate."

Nathan grinned while Lucy threw her hands in the air.

"I am that reason, Lucindra. I will be their karma."

Tumayo ito para lagyan ng mas maraming kahoy ang fireplace. Sa labas ay mas lumalakas pa ang pag-ulan ng niyebe.

"Kailan ka babalik sa Pinas?" tanong nito at inilagay sa kamay niya ang kopita ng alak.

He tossed it all down and set the glass on the table. Naggalawan ang mga chess pieces. Natumba ang queen ni Lucy pasandal sa king nito.

"Hindi na muna. Kakausapin ko pa sina mama at papa. I need to go."

Isinuot niya ang coat at binuksan ang pinto.

"Nate, tungkol sa sinabi ko sa iyo. Please think it over. Mas pinapalala mo lang ang apoy."

"That's the plan, Lucy. I need to shake them all."

She sighed and went up to him. "Lolo received a call from an Asturian elder. They scheduled a meeting."

Nathan smirked. "It's too late. Hindi na nila maibabalik sa atin ang mga kinuha nila."

"But Nathan, we could still fix this. Nate, please. Nathan!"

Nagtuluy-tuloy siya sa paglabas at hindi na pinakinggan ito. Huminto siya saglit sa harapan ng kotse at tiningala ang mga nagbabagsakang yelo.

"It's really too late, Lucy. I can't forgive them anymore."

"SIR, nakuha po ng mga Fuentebella ang bidding para sa gagawing airport sa Cerro Roca. Sources told me Sir Langdon donated one of his land properties to the clan."

Luca tapped his sole on the parker pen on the table whilst chugging down his second ginger shot for the day.

Tumayo siya at hinubad ang roba at lumublob sa pool na nasa loob mismo ng kaniyang office para samahan si Suzette na kanina pa naghihintay sa kaniya.

Her expert hand slithered into his shaft under the warm water and began teasing him. Luca ran a finger through her luscious lips before closing in a couple of strands of hair in his hand. An interesting smile crossed his face.

"I see. My little cousin has been growing his fangs steadily."

Suzette rolled her hips against his. Nag-iwas ng tingin ang sekretarya. Napansin iyon ni Suzette kaya napangisi ito at hayagang tumitig sa babae habang umiindayog ang balakang sa kandungan ni Luca.

"He's challenging you obviously," she whispered in his ear while her eyes were still on her. "He's stretching your capacity. Maybe he's mad because you are going to finally get that bag in Los Ojos."

"I don't tolerate rebellion, Suz."

Pinigilan ni Luca ang bewang nito saka umahon nang walang kahit na anong maramdaman sa gawing ibaba ng pagkalalake. Mabilis namang naglakad ang sekretarya nito palapit dala ang roba.

Suzette rested her head on the coping of the pool. "So what are you going to do?"

Nilagpasan ni Luca ang sekretarya at hindi ininda ang kahubdan na nagsindi ng sigarilyo.

"I'll immediately put off the source even when it's still a spark. Hindi ko na pinapatagal at baka tuluyang umapoy."

Naupo siya sa rattan chair at inilawit ang ulo sa likod. Sumalubong sa kaniya ang asul na kalangitan mula sa glass ceiling.

Luca fell into a deep thought. What could keep Langdon inside the cage?

He almost laughed when he remembered his face during the funeral of his father.

Of course it would be grief. Langdon's life revolves around that.

A malicious smile showed in his face. Humalakhak siya sa naisip.

"Langdon, Langdon, we're not just cut with the same cloth. You're too soft."

Luca puffed out the smoke before sitting straight, his eyes lit with a moment of eureka.

"Aha."

Binalingan niya ang sekretarya.

"Dig that Alcantaran up. No distractions this time. Exhume the cadaver and examine her after. I need to know what Nathan is hiding. I could tell that I could find all the answers through that girl's dead body."

"Opo, sir."

Sinundan nilang dalawa ng tingin ang papalayong pigura ng babae. Suzette's attention is on her arse while Luca is on her silky hair.

"She's new?" Suzette asked when Luca joined her back in the waters.

"Yes. Newly hired. Planted by the elders."

Mapanuksong ikinawit ni Suzette ang kamay sa leeg niya at dinilaan ang labi habang nagnanasa ang tingin kay Luca.

"So, where were we?" Her thumb begins to draw circles on his chest. "Ah, Langdon. He could be your legitimate rival, Luca. He's getting stronger each day. Walang nagawa ang pananakot mo."

He sneered. "I am in a league on my own. This is just some child's play."

Chuckling, she angled her neck to be tickled by the stubbles on his chin. "Oh you were forgetting something, Luca." She moaned in delight when he cupped her butt. "You must think you're untouchable by the rest of the field, but Langdon is also a force to be reckoned with. Remember how he successfully ran past your guard? And oh baby, it wasn't just once. He did it twice."

"Thank you for the candor dear but Langdon is years behind me already," he jeered, his hands traveling between her legs. "He let himself rot in self-pity planning his grand revenge but look where it got him now. He's three less fingers."

Suzette bit her lower lip. "Hmm. Three fingers. That could fit in my tight pussy."

Ipinasok niya ang daliri nito sa loob kaya napasigaw ito.

"Hmmm, not as tight as I remember it to be."