39: Forgotten Love

Eight months after,

"Naglabas na ng warrant of arrest ang korte laban kay Langdon Asturia, panganay na anak ng namayapang pilantropo na si Ricardo Asturia kaugnay ng kasong murder sa sarili nitong abuelo at ex-governor ng Monte Vega na si Atticus Asturia. Sa kasalukuyan ay pinaghahanap na ang suspek na napabalitang tumakas matapos ang ginawa nitong pagsunog sa Los Ojos limang buwan na ang nakararaan. Ayon sa ulat ay pera at lupa ang pangunahing dahilan ng krimen. Ayon na-"

"Langdon is so done." Suzette beams at Luca beside her in the jacuzzi tub. "Congratulations, Luca."

Luca just smiled at Suzette and quaffed down the brandy in his diamond rock glass, his eyes never leaving the picture of his cousin flashed on the television.

Is it really the end of you, Langdon? Did you just really magically disappear from that day?

Pagbalik niya sa site ay wala na ito roon. Only a pool of fresh blood on the wet ground and few dead bodies of his guards and Nathan's were there.

But it's been months now and he never tried communicating with his family.

"Paano ba iyan." Gumiling sa kandungan niya ang babae. "Sayong-sayo na ang korona. No one will be able to stand against you, not even the elders."

Hindi siya sumagot. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he knows Langdon will come back because that woman is coming back too.

Sumagi sa kaniyang isip ang mukha nito. There's no way that face of vengeance won't haunt him back.

"We'll see," he said grinning after throwing the glass on the floor to give his woman all his attention.

"IKINASA na ng pulisya ang manhunt operation laban kay Langdon Asturia matapos magbaba ng warrant of arrest ang korte kamakailan lang. Sa ngayon ay pinag—"

Pinatay niya agad ang radyo matapos matanggal ang bala sa tagiliran at malagyan ng disinfectant at bulak ang malaking sugat.

Pagkatapos ay nagsindi siya ng kandila at umusal ng isang maikling panalangin saka nahiga sa sahig ng kubo at tumitig sa mga bituin mula sa butas na bubong.

He enjoys looking at stars now with her memory as his sole company. He's slowly understanding Cin on why she thinks the bright little lamps above are special.

Tama siya.

They look so extraordinary twinkling up high there.

Somehow, for an unknown reason, it brings a surge of comfort to his weary soul.

Hinaplos niya ang screw sa leeg na ginawa niyang pendant ng kwintas.

It's been almost a year since the last time he saw Cin.

At sa bawat araw na nagdaan ay mas lalong sumisidhi ang pangungulila niya rito.

"So this is how it tastes like," he whispers to himself and wipes the traces of blood off his face. "It's so bad."

It's actually worse than death itself. Being forgotten by the love of your life is his coup de grâce.

A forgotten love will haunt you. It will keep you awake most nights thinking of endless possibilities that will never happen. Always daydreaming of the feeling of having your love by your side again.

He will always look for her anywhere in places he would go to.

Her big round glasses, the lovely stroke of her beady eyes that could cry at any moment, her long silky hair he used to comb with his fingers while they lay there under the stars of Cerro Roca and Monte Vega, and her sweet voice as she lovingly stole his glances.