Chapter 13 - ANOTHER FML

Kayden Grant

"Everything is under control right now, Mr.Grant." Leroy, Mason's assistant, said as he gave the signal to the helicopter to land.

Things got out of hand earlier because one of the shipments was held by police. I had to take control of everything and send a helicopter to grab everything back to the headquarters.

"It's late, sir. I'll get the car and drive you home." Leroy gestured me to wait but I stopped him.

"I'll drive back home, just bring it here." With that, he ran back to the headquarters building to get my car. I checked the time and it's midnight.

Leroy brought my car and handed me the key. I drove straight home because I had another long day tomorrow. I think I have to go to Texas to check our warehouse there.

I parked my car and went up to the penthouse. I walked in and froze to see Tatiana. I forgot that she wanted me to come home at 8. She fell asleep while sitting and waiting for me at the dining table.

I walked towards her slowly and she prepared lots of food. There are steaks, lasagna, mashed potatoes, and a strawberry cake. I turned to the kitchen and she already cleaned it. She set two plates for me that she hasn't touched yet.

It's almost one in the morning and she hasn't eaten yet? I walked to her and saw her bandage had blood stains on it.

Jesus.

"Princess," I called and she got up immediately. She smiled when she saw me.

"Sorry, I fell asleep. The food is cold, let me heat it up for you!" She'll always be this cheerful, won't she?

She got up grabbing the steak and lasagna but I stopped her. I pushed her to sit down and I sat across her. I grabbed a fork and took a piece of steak, eating it.

"Is it good? You should let me know what kind of food you like and don't like! Do you have any allergies or any certain food that you prefer?" She intertwined her hands together and her green eyes were filled with anticipation.

"Do you know what time is it?" I asked and she turned to the clock.

"It's late, eat up! You must be hungry!" She turned to me like it was nothing. I put my fork down and let out a long sigh, "It's salty, isn't it?" She grabbed one piece and tried it.

"I'm a very busy man, Princess. It will be very rare to see me home in time, and I'm exhausted. I don't have time to enjoy a meal like this when all I wanted was to get some rest." Her smile fell and that's the second time, I made her smile disappear.

I wanted to punch myself for it.

"Okay, I understand. If you want to rest, I won't stop you. I'm just thankful for your help and if this makes you feel uncomfortable, I apologize." There she goes again.

"Stop making other people feel bad and stop apologizing." I snapped and she turned silent, "I might be your future husband but you don't need to care about me. Everything between you and me is pure business so don't treat this as a real relationship. Take care of yourself and enjoy the freedom that I gave you."

"Okay." With that, I got up and walked upstairs. I stopped walking when I was on the last step of the stairs. I could hear her putting the plates away and start washing them. She put everything on the fridge and I could hear a small sob.

Fuck.

Fucking. Fuck.

I grabbed an emergency kit and went back downstairs. She quickly wiped her tears when she saw me. She moved away from the kitchen thinking that I needed something from there.

"Sit down," I commanded her and she quickly walked to me and sat down on the chair. I kneeled down to check on her feet and took off all the bandages.

"I can do it myself, go have some rest. You must be so tired from working." She stopped me when I opened the emergency kit. I ignored her and kept treating her feet. I put a bandage over it and looked up at her.

"Thank you." She said and I closed the emergency kit. I got up and walked upstairs to take a shower. I changed into my pajamas and walked out of my room to see that she already turned off the lights downstairs.

It was pitch black but I saw her standing by the window looking at the streets. I saw her checking the time and she decided to go out. I quickly changed into my sweatpants and hoodie and followed her out.

I saw her walking across the road and I kept my distance following her. She got into a pizza shop and bought a slice for herself. They packed it for her and she walked out with a small box.

She made her way to a park in the middle of the city and say down on one of the bench. There's no one around and she took a picture of the pizza, clapping her hands before eating it.

She smiled, enjoying it too much.

After eating it, she looked up at the sky for a very long time. She stayed there for an hour, just looking at the buildings, the sky, and the streets.

She's happy with her freedom.

After an hour and a half, she threw her pizza box and walked back to my apartment. I decided to wait for her to sleep then I'll go inside.

I went in after an hour and saw her sleeping soundly on the sofa. When I walked towards the stairs, I found a sticky note on the stair hand railing. I grabbed it and walked up to my room.

I'm sorry if I make you mad, I just wanted to say thank you for everything that you've done. I'll try my best to not make you uncomfortable. I hope we can get along for two years and when you see this in the morning, hope you have a great day at work.