Chapter 32 - BUSTED

Kayden Grant

I kept my distance pretty far when I was watching her. She's been doing well these days. She's been going to the library to study and thriving her freedom, which made me feel assured.

I've been stalking her ever since I got back from Paris. I've spent every hour checking on her. At least, I need to see a glimpse of her.

Last week, after having a family reunion, I felt better. I don't know what made me keep them around. Maybe it was the hope of having to rekindle our relationship. I never had a family who had my back or cared about my well-being.

I was blinded by my mother's kindness when she treated me the same as my father and brothers.

At first, I was hoping that they would realize all the things that they did to me. All I wanted was a sincere apology, but I had to bring them down to the ground after what they did to me.

Everything that held me back disappeared.

After Tatiana left, my head was filled with her. How kind she is, and she's nowhere similar to my mother. She's far more than that: her values, how she treats people, and how she didn't judge me by what others said.

She's going to have a bright future with all the kindness that she has. She's going to thrive either way.

We should be this way. I don't deserve her anyway, and there's no way on this earth that she's meant to be in my life.

My head snapped when I heard a scream, and I knew Tatiana's voice too well. I got up and ran towards where she was and stopped when I saw her leaning the side of her body against the bookshelf. Her green eyes were glaring at me.

Her arms were crossed in front of her chest.

"Is stalking your part-time job now, Mr.Grant?" I just realized what I did. She trapped me into showing myself instead of talking to her. I turned around and walked out of the library.

"You should stop. I'm married." I stopped walking when she said that.

"Why are you stalking my wife, Grant?" I looked up, and Blake was standing a few feet in front of me. I closed my eyes for a second, and I grabbed my phone to call Hugo, but Tatiana took it away from me from the back.

"Didn't you get me a restraining order for yourself?" Tatiana asked, and I'm fucking aware of it. I should not have done that, but I was a dumbass.

"You're losing your touch, Grant. Bloodhounds are losers." He locked it, and I sighed.

"Why are you here?" Tatiana asked, but I wasn't ready to face her. "How long have you been stalking me?"

"8 days, 14 hours, and I think 28 minutes." Blake mocked me, and he already knew when I landed in New York. I guess he had a protocol for me here.

"Take him to the headquarters. He's breaching his restraining order," Blake said, and four guards were grabbing me.

"What is this? Reunion?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Take him." They took me away. I got into the car, and they took me to their headquarters.

Tatiana Knight

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?" Blake asked, and I turned away quickly.

Seeing Kayden again after a few weeks lit me up like fireworks. I only wanted to hug him, but I had to hold myself. But that man needed some explaining to do. I need to know what was in his head when he sent me away.

I was miserable, and Blake was so annoyed by me.

He ended up giving me pictures of Kayden, who was busy stalking me. He mostly sat in his car waiting for me and sometimes got out to check on me.

"What are you going to do with him?" I asked.

"I don't know. I'm going to let my teammates decide his fate."

"You were friends before, so please be nice," I begged, and Blake shook his head.

"You don't know how much we wanted him to be with us. Both sides took it seriously, and ended with him leaving us."

"That's why your friend said Kayden betrayed them." I wondered why he chose Asher more than to be with Blake. Kayden is indeed a complicated man.

I gasped when we entered Blake's headquarters. It's two times bigger than Kayden's. They have three tall towers, and Blake parked his car behind the black car where Kayden's.

The guards pulled Kayden out, and he looked bored.

Blake called someone, "What do you want me to do with him?" Blake walked towards Kayden, grabbed his arm, and entered the building.

"Ms.Knight, please follow me." I was led inside by one of the guards. He asked me to wait by sitting on a big sofa in the lobby. Kayden and Blake got into the lift, and Kayden looked like he wanted to kill Blake.

I leaned my head and closed my eyes.

I've been so restless these days. It was hard for me to sleep because I kept thinking about Kayden. I tried to understand my feelings, too.

I was trying to figure out whether my feelings for Kayden were just a survival instinct because he's the first person who helped me or my feelings were more than that. I was trying to understand myself because I'd never been out of the palaces before, so interacting with men was new.

I've spent hours in the shower, trying to figure everything out.

I like Kayden. I want him enough to have myself blushing, imagining what it'll be like to be his wife. I like him enough to cry for him whenever he's gone for a long time. I want him enough to see him 24/7. I want him enough to rip my heart out after he sent me to someone else.

I want Kayden Grant-all of him.

Regardless of what he did in the past, he never hurt me. He might be cold, but he's considerate and always gives me everything I need. He even gave me more than he should have.

He had a complicated past, and I'm not blaming him for all of his past decisions. That made him the person that he is now.

"Ms.Knight, Mr.Lockwood wants you to go upstairs." One of the guards led me up to the lift. He then led me out to the rooftop, where four men had guns on his head.

"Mrs.Lockwood, good to have you with us."