ONE.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧(I WANNA BE DOWN) CHAPTER━━ ONE ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 恋人┊͙✧˖*°࿐

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
(I WANNA BE DOWN)
CHAPTER━━ ONE
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 恋人┊͙✧˖*°࿐

LISA STEPPED out of the taxi and gazed up at the towering museum with a feeling of awe. It had been years since she stepped foot in any museum, let alone the Ellis Island National Museum of Immigration. She was excited to visit her friend Elena who had been interning there for the past few months. She had heard from her on calls and seen pictures from letters but actually seeing her best friend would be a treat.

Lisa's heart pounded with excitement as she walked towards the entrance. She could hardly wait to see Elena. They've been friends for over a decade, but Lisa joined the Air Force right after high school and had to move away. They kept in touch over phone calls, texts, and emails, but due to Lisa's deployment, it had been a few years since they laid eyes on each other.

As Lisa walked through the entrance, her eyes darted around the spacious foyer, taking in the different artworks that adorned the walls. Lisa eagerly scanned the crowd for Elena's face. Though they hadn't seen each other in years, she could still remember her friend's curls and colorful lipstick like it was yesterday.

Spotting her friend in the distance, Lisa couldn't contain her excitement. She snuck to the back of the museum where most employees were and then closed the distance between them quickly, approaching Elena from behind.

"Excuse me miss, do you know where Elena Wallace is?" Lisa said in a playful tone, tapping Elena on the shoulder.

Elena quickly spun around, her eyes widening in surprise as she saw Lisa standing in front of her.

"Lisa?" Elena squealed, nearly dropping the falcon statue in her hand. Lisa eyes widen in amusement at the sight. Elena carefully put it back on the stand. "Oh my god, I can't believe you're here!" She exclaimed, throwing her arms around Lisa in a tight embrace.

The two friends held each other for a moment, both overjoyed to finally be reunited.

"I know, it's been too long," Lisa said, her voice filled with emotion.

They pulled back from the hug, and Elena took a step back to get a good look at Lisa.

"You look amazing," Elena said, grinning. "Being in the Air Force seems to be treating you well."

"Thanks, it's been hectic, but I'm glad I could come and see you," Lisa replied, smiling.

As they were catching up, Lisa noticed how Elena's eyes would every now and than glance at the falcon statue that she almost dropped, making it clear her curiosity was piqued. Lisa noticed her friend's interest but before she could say anything, their conversation was interrupted by a woman's voice behind them.