Chapter 35

It was only when Jaxs' thought became raw that they no longer heard his scream. Eventually, they approached him and only sat beside him. "I should have died," he said softly. "He had to just be so stubborn." He looked at the statue, "No one deserves to die like that."

Turning to Eli Cas said, "Agreed."

"He died for a good cause," Cia said.

"He died because he was a fool," Jaxs said. He curled in to a ball and began to cry once more.

"For a time of celebration you are all rather glum." They all stood up with their arms bared to find themselves looking once more at Michael. "So respectable," he said leaning against the wall. "Now, what can I do to help you all celebrate?"

"Unless you can bring my friend back from the dead you aren't welcomed here," said Jaxs.

Micheal sighed, "I might not be able to do that, but with a little help from my brother over here I might be able to at least grant him passage to the promise land."

Gabriel walked into the room, "Hey guys." Quickly he noticed the statue and walked over to it. Looking over to Cas he said, "We can do it, but we have both agreed that it should be you to perform the ceremony."

Cas looked at them like they were crazy. "I can't do that."

"Of course you can," said Michael. "You can do anything that we can. Like this." He flicked his fingers at Jaxs and his eyes became a seafoam green."

Shielding his eyes in pain Jax said, "What did you do to me?"

Michael shrugged his shoulders. "Gave you light magic. You're welcome."

"I can do that," Cas gasped.

"Yes, but right now we're talking about getting this man in to heaven," said Michael. "Or you can just leave him here to make a nice paper weight."

"Okay, okay I get it," Cas said approaching Alistair's body. It felt cool to the touch. "How do I do it?"

"Just focus your energy into it and you will be impressed at what will happen," said Gabriel trying to reassure him. "It's easy."

Nervously, Cas reached outward and touched the statue once more and closed his eyes. He felt his magic run through his figure tips draining him of his energy. He tried with all his might to push harder and give it all the energy it needed. He snapped his eyes open, no longer were they glowing green, but emanating a fierce green energy. With one last push he felt the statue crack and give in, shattering into a million fragments.

"And so it is done," said Michael looking at the ceiling. "I think that I should follow. Father will be most pleased to see me back after so much time apart."

"I'll go with you," said Gabriel.

"I believe it would be best if you were to stay here. Besides this was never my body to truly take." Seeing the disappointment on his brother's face he said, "We'll talk more, after the war." Without warning his body dropped to the ground.

"I'll let you handle this one, Cas," said Gabriel.

Before Cas could argue, Gabriel had already placed his head phones on and disappeared. "Yep, I hate angels just as much as demons. It's official," Cas said.

Joshua opened his eyes and try to lift himself, but found it impossible. "I could really use a hand over here."

"Of course," Cas said assisting him. He held Joshua up by his waist. "How you doing?"

"In one word, tired," Joshua said. "I feel as though I literally haven't eaten anything in months."

"Well that's probably a possibility," Cas said sarcastically.

"Please tell me there's a place where I can eat something somewhere around here."

Cas saw Cia and Eli looking at him from across the room. "Uh sure, just one second. Hey Jaxs could you come here for a second." Without giving him a second to react he handed, Joshua over to him. "Jaxs this is Joshua, Joshua this is Jaxs."

"Hey," Joshua said.

"Hey," Jaxs said back.

"I'm sorry if I'm being a bit blunt, but are you okay," he asked timidly. "It looks like you have been crying."

Smiling Jaxs said, "It's a long story."

Walking away from them, Cas focused his stare on Cia and Eli. "What's up?"

"We both think that we should get out of here," Eli said.

"Now?" Cas shook his head. "No way, we need to take care of Joshua."

"It looks like Jaxs is already doing a fine job at that," Cia remarked as the two were laughing. "Besides he's safer at the academy than with us."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I got a heads up from one of the other mentors. Kristi, the keeper of the balance, has a warrant out for us in the means for terrorism. She's blaming what happened here on us," Eli said.

"Of course she is," Cas said.

Turning to Jaxs Cas was about to say something when he was interrupted. "We get it," Jaxs said. "Go, we'll be fine."

Smiling Cas said, "Thanks."

"Hey Cas did you ever find that book I told you about, The Angelica," Joshua asked.

"Oh no, I've been slightly busy," Cas said.

"I think that you should read it," Joshua implied heavily.

"Will do," Cas said. "It'll be at the top of my list right after defeating Christopher."

"Cas let's go," Eli said.

Walking Eli pulled out the wind chime rom his pocket. "Where to," he asked.

"How's about home," he said smiling as he blew on the wind chime and was whisk away by the air.