Change

Things had changed.....rapidly....after the party..it quickly devolved into everyone asking Izuku the big question.......why....when they all collectively watched as he threw Bakugo around like a rag doll.....when they saw how much anger and violence he was really capable of...Bakugo was a huge prospect in the hero course....and Izuku just manhandled him......non of them blamed him though....not even Toshinori...while he was slightly horrified....he had to admit to even himself that he would've done the exact same thing if he were in Izukus shoes.....but universally non accept Liz could agree with Izuku hiding the truth from them....

Mei was mostly confused only having part of the story to work with....but what she saw.....it scared her.....she couldn't get the image of Muscles hitting the pavement out of her head....every time she looked at him.....she couldn't help but see the way his body snapped in half.....she left shortly after the re runs.........she wasn't mad at Muscles...she understood why he did what he did.....but it was just alot for her to try and take in....she had felt a lot of things that day...things that were new and things that sacred her......flashes of him bruised and bloody in the hospital bed mixed with her imagination and what she knew of his prosthetics haunted her dreams after that night.......Muscles was smart, capable...strong....funny....but he was dangerous...not just in the literal limb breaking kind.... But he made her feel the worst she ever had in her entire life.....she needed time to reassess and truly try and understand Izuku Yagi. Including the fact...that he was apparently quirkless..it wasn't a subject they ever really discussed but it the announcer for the recap was to be believed....."Icarus Obito" was UAs first ever quirkless champion.....

Hatsume didn't really know how to feel about that detail....in the end she decided it meant very little since he was still just as capable apparently without a quirk....but she felt hurt he never told her. Which that in itself confused her.

As for the others.....Chiyo had to be nearly  restrained from going feral...especially for the damage he did to his body in the tournament....new scars filled the very limited bare space he had left....including burn scars from the lightning bolt which left an intricate series of lines in the spots that wasn't already calcified scar tissue.....

As for Izuku....he simply ducked his head and begged for their forgiveness....but even still he never apologized for what he did....he couldn't! He wouldn't!. In fact....it still wasn't enough.....from what Chiyo told them, Izuku cracked three vertebrae in Katsukis back, as well as shattering part of his hips and pelvis! Not including mangling the boys hand nearly beyond repair, it would recover but would never be the same again. having lost two fingers and receiving severe nerve damage in the process....In addition to knocking out 14 teeth, shattering his jaw and cracked his orbital socket! But that wasn't enough! That wasn't nearly enough! As for Izumi......well her face was reduced to that of a pug after the singularity smash...but doctors managed to reconstruct the cavern that was her nose but she would require an additional week of recovery time.....if he had just a little more power he definitely could take her head straight off next time!

All in all the night ended sour...Izuku had wanted to stop Mei to try and explain himself to her but she was gone and out the door before he had the chance.....even Yuna was disappointed...not in what he did she agreed Katsuki needed to get a vibe check from a meteor especially after what he apparently did to Izuku! But disappointed that he didn't trust them enough to let them in...ever since she had met Izuku she saw nothing but this kind and innocent genius who had everything taken away from him...she'd seen but but determination and hope in his eyes...even despite everything.....she saw him like a little brother...someone she needed to protect because he was so pure and so lighthearted!!....but she could see now that he was far far beyond her protection...and that he was capable of so much more then she could imagine......in his eyes she didn't see a vibrant radiance of resilience.....but a solemness of contempt and resignation.....she had helped bring  his body back from the brink....it was just time to save his soul...