An Evening Never to be Forgotten

A/N: hi i wrote stuff and couldn't think of a good title

Ice spikes rose around the two, frozen stalagmites twisting and spearing upwards to the sky. The sun was setting, causing hues of golden and pale rose to wash across it, and reflected upon these spires of nature's great castle so as to cast them aflame.

A maskless Clown carried the picnic basket on his arm, as well as several smaller, more important items in the pocket of his woolen sweater. Branzy trailed after him, a conglomeration of haphazardly folded blankets in his arms.

The man felt a thrill of anxious anticipation, but attempted to ignore it as he located the ice spike that was their destination. It had been customized with the help of Rekrap, so it stood out from the crowd of frozen spires. It was a winding path to the spike in question, and as the sky darkened the light of the lanterns that illuminated the walkway became noticeable.

The base of the twisting tower of ice was unadorned, as the slipperiness of icy stairs would have been a pain. Instead Clown took Branzy gently by the waist as the silken wings of a concealed elytra unfurled like windblown curtains around them.

Clown flew them up together, landing softly in the circular entrance of the flower bud shaped cave near the top of the ice spike. The elytra furled itself tightly away, its purpose served. He took the opportunity to kiss the other, who had embraced him tightly out of surprise, eyes glued shut.

"I was wondering why there were no stairs," Branzy said after the kiss faded, eyes fluttering open.

"Stairs made out of ice do not sound like a good idea."

"I suppose you're right," he agreed.

Food was laid out and a nest of blankets constructed. The meal passed, but the nervous energy slowly building inside Clown caused it to feel like a small eternity. There was joking and laughter, but it slowly subsided as time wore on. Branzy eventually seemed to pick up on the other's apprehension.

"You okay, love?" Branzy asked, the pet name dropping naturally from his lips.

"Yeah, wanna see something cool?" He attempted to brush the comment off. After hearing the affirmative, Clown dug around in his sweater until he found the smallest of the three contents. He pressed the little button on the remote, and the entire room went dark, the lanterns flipped off.

Clown felt his hand grabbed and squeezed tightly out of surprise as the darkness washed over them. He pressed the button again, but the light that returned was not from the lamps.

Half of the curved wall that surrounded them was lit from below, the light catching the bubbles within the ice. Shapes of wildlife glowed, the lights that formed them like drops of golden honey lit aflame. Clouds of bubbles like sparks seemed to drift across the smooth surface as the lights moved. They danced in a starry snowstorm, some falling downward softly, others floating.

Branzy made a soft noise of amazement as he stood up to draw closer to the illuminated images, eyes deep pools that reflected the golden light. His fascination gave Clown time to locate and prepare the other two items from within his sweater.

By the time Branzy turned around, the other had already flipped on the lights for the other side of the frozen flower bud. These were stationary, the bubbles in the ice spelling out four words. Clown was down on one knee, the jewelry box open in the palm of his hand, completing the action that was a traditional accompaniment to the question.

There was a short moment of silence in which Branzy seemed to be processing. Then he struck a thoughtful pose, and pretended to sound out the letters with a devilish grin on his face.

"Branzy!" Clown exclaimed, half exasperated and half terrified.

"Whaaat?" He drawled with a small giggle. "English is weird, and now ten unique letters are all bubbly!"

"If you can tell that there are exactly ten unique letters I know you can read the question," the other responded, trying to figure out what was happening through his complete emotional confusion.

"Lemme try again!" Branzy said, smiling ecstatically. "Can't name the second one..."

Clown thought for a brief second, then, completely lost but deciding to play along, asked, "The letter I?"

"That's the one! I... hmmm... I will marry you!"

There was a pause, then, "All that trouble for that?" Clown managed weakly, feeling overwhelmed with giddy joy and relief.

"It sounded smarter in my head, okay!" Branzy said defensively.

"You're an idiot."

"Well now I'm your idiot, so give me that," he said swiping the gold wedding band, in the process knocking the box to the blanketed floor.

"There's a fairly good counter argument that you were already," Clown pointed out, standing and embracing the other out of joy. Branzy hummed slightly in response, tilting his head upwards.

Clown took the unspoken invitation to kiss him gently, to kiss the man he could finally call his fiancé. He felt Branzy gently cup his face with one hand, trouble making forgotten in the heartfelt expression of love.

When the kiss ended, the two released eachother, Branzy taking hold of Clown's hands in his. Clown was surprised when he heard the click of metal against metal, and looked down at their intertwined hands to see a ring on his ring finger as well.

"How in the world?" He asked with a slight laugh.

"You're very easy to distract," Branzy answered. There was a pause when they both smiled like idiots, before his grin faded a little and he added, "Sorry for messing with you."

"I don't mind," Clown responded truthfully.

The other's grin returned in full force, which boded ill for Clown. Branzy pulled him into a strange, almost ballroom style dancing embrace. They didn't attempt to dance on the blanketed floor, rather just stood there, talking for a while.

Clown enjoyed the quality time that was always so wonderful to share with the shorter man. This was the kind of time that had shifted their relationship from friendship to love. Alas, Branzy would always be a little gremlin.

"Get scared!" The other suddenly blurted out.

"Wha-" Clown started to ask, before he felt his feet fall out from under him.

Within seconds he found himself leaning backwards out of the entrance to the frozen flower bud, supported by an arm around his waist. Clown could feel the pull of gravity against him, but didn't feel afraid. He unlaced his fingers from Branzy's to clear away the messy strands of hair that had fallen into the other's face.

"No can do," he joked, grinning back at the shorter, who was supporting him.

The truth was that Clown wouldn't be afraid if Branzy was the one holding him over lava or even the void. He trusted the other too much for that, because while they may have fallen for each other, they would never let each other fall.

Word Count: 1.2k

A/N: Hope you enjoyed whatever that was. Idk what to say- Vote ig? Oh yeah, also sleep and drink some water. Buh bye :D

Request box: 📥