Cinnamon Rolls

A/N: Have a short and sweet bit of fluff bc that's what I wrote

     Clown pov

    Clown was closing the bakery for the day, the thick crowds of people drawn by the midday winter parade finally gone as the sun began to set. His co-worker Jumper wasn't here because she had been participating in the parade as the adult leader of one of the single level girl scout troops that had made a float. She was now probably off somewhere getting the hungry little demons pizza or something.

     That left only him and the actual bakers, but the three of them had left shortly after closing. Clown wiped down the already spotless tables as endless Christmas Carols looped over the bakery's speakers. Even with the infuriating music, the cashier didn't feel the need to leave as quickly as he normally did. Something about there actually being snow falling for once instead of rain and the bakery smelling like literal heaven made Clown drowsy in a relaxed, comfortable way.

     The man returned to the counter to find that all of their stock had been almost completely cleared out by the crowds of cold, hungry parade attendees. There were enough oatmeal raisin cookies to keep for the next day (why people didn't like oatmeal raisin cookies was a mystery, they're so freaking good), but it wasn't worth keeping the two lonely cinnamon rolls.

     He went around the counter and opened it from the back, automatically using the plastic tongs inside to fish out the two pristine pastries. He put them into separate brown paper bags and pondered what to do with them. Clown and Jumper usually shared what was left at the end of the day, but he wasn't going to hunt around town to find the other cashier.

     Glancing out the bakery window to see if anyone from the parade was still hanging about that he could give the other cinnamon roll to, Clown saw that the street was basically empty. The setting sun shone in the sky, its light catching on the flakes of snow before they hit the ground and melted away. There was only one person to be seen, packing up what looked like a set of sound equipment, presumably the tech person for the parade announcer.

     He looked as tired as Clown felt, both men worn out from the day. His cheeks were pink from the cold, and although his hair was silvery white he looked to be about the same age as the cashier.

     Well, Clown wasn't going to eat two cinnamon rolls and this stranger looked like he could use some spontaneous kindness. With a sweeping glance around the cottagecore bakery to check for forgotten tasks and two paper bags in hand, Clown stepped outside into the frozen air as the bell of the shop tinkled overhead. He carefully locked the door for the night behind him.

     Branzy pov, a couple moments later

     Branzy was packing up his equipment when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned to see a tall man with chocolate eyes and wavy brown hair silently offering a paper bag. He was wearing a pumpkin colored apron and smelled of cookies.

     The technician took the bag with a splash of confusion. It was warm in his hands and smelled of cinnamon and frosting. A quick peek inside confirmed it to be a cinnamon roll.

     The taller man began awkwardly walking away without starting a conversation, but Branzy quickly called out a "Thank you!" 

     The other turned his head back and responded, "No problem, have a good evening," with the utmost sincerity.

     "You too," Branzy said back, and that was the end of the conversation as the stranger left the square with a wave. 

     There was a pause after Branzy was alone, but he sat down next to the mess of wiring, microphones, and amplifiers to open the brown paper bag properly. He smoothed the paper flat on his lap and used it to catch the crumbs as he ate the sticky pastry.

     Branzy was filled with a warmth as he sat there in the barely snowing square, a warmth that wasn't just physical. The warmth was also that of gratitude and joy for the unknown bakery worker's unnecessary but greatly appreciated kindness. 

     Word Count: ~650

     A/N: Have a good day/night, drink your water, and I hope this oneshot gave you a little bit of the happiness everyone deserves to have <3