~ Children of War

• Above is the black jacket worn for district 12
• Below is Jenesis's trendy pants that she wore for the Capital cameras—

• Above is the black jacket worn for district 12• Below is Jenesis's trendy pants that she wore for the Capital cameras—

Scene 3, Act 1 ; The Soul Killer

Guilt eats the soul alive. It's a reminder that your actions of the past effect the present, but will always effect you worse in the end.

Month of January ; 6 months after the games,

2 months later,

Jenesis basked in the January breeze of District 4. She could feel the air tickle her arms as it blew uncontrollably off the chilled water. She observed the way the waves approached her feet, never getting too close—before going back to shore. Jenesis inhaled a deep breath, taking in the wild scent of sea salt that blew all around her. She engulfed herself in a warm hug as she stared out into the horizon—where the sun was now only beginning to come up. Her eyes were heavy from a week worth of not sleeping, and the nightmares that had began to plague her mind more frequently.

January. It was the month that Jenesis had always dreaded.

Had you asked the green eyed girl why she disliked January a year ago, she would tell you that the reason was because most of the fish began to move more into their underwater crevices and caves. Officially making it hard to catch them. Therefore she lacked about half the game she normally had, and setting up nets and traps became the norm for most people in four. Jenesis would tell you about how she had to sit down for hours weaving a trap to catch fish, and practically abandon her spear because no fish with a brain is swimming so close to the shore anymore. She would tell you that she had to wait hours to finally catch a fish for dinner, and it was never a special kind of fish.

But if you asked the said girl now, Jenesis would describe to you in great detail the guilt that is eating her soul. She would tell you about the Victory Tour that happens in the month of January, and why she truly now despises the month. How she has to travel around Panem and look into the eyes of the families of the children she once knew. The families of the children she killed with her bare hands in cold blood. Jenesis would tell you all about the dread that is fuzzing her brain and churning in her stomach.

Keep up the appearances, President Snow had told her two months ago.

Jenesis could say that she had tried her best the last two months to do exactly what he had advised her. She made sure to eat, which provoked tears of frustration on most days when the food didn't want stay in her system. Jenesis believed that though she's still skinny, she's not sickly, and she is somewhat back to her old body before the games.