💗- Tanjiro | first meeting

"Nobody's ever said something so sweet to me before."

Tanjiro meets y/n while she's helping Kanao and Aoi at the butterfly mansion.
----

"Y/n, can you come down here?" I hear Aoi call for me. I go down the stairs to the front entrance to the butterfly mansion.

"I'm here Aoi. Is there anything you needed?" I ask politely. Aoi points to the situation at hand, there was two, injured demon slayer boys that needed assistance.

One of the boys had yellow hair and I'm not even sure what was wrong with him.. while the other guy with a boar head was trying to yell at the assistants, but his voice was very strained.

"Can you take them to the room and help them please? I would help but I really need to eat some lunch, I haven't ate yet." Aoi asks me. She had been working and cleaning all day so I was glad to help and take some issues of her plate.

"Of course, you go eat and I'll take care of these boys." Aoi thanks me and heads up to the kitchen. I head towards the boys to see what I was dealing with. The yellow haired boy seemed to have tiny arms..? He was a teenager but his limbs had shrunk or something..

"W-who are you?! Are you a demon??!!?" The yellow haired boy shrieks out to me. He had been passed out.

"I'm not a demon. My name is Y/n L/n, I'm going to help you." I gently pick up the boy and take him up to the room. I lay him down on the bed.

"Okay here you are.. we should be bringing medicine to you very shortly. Please stay here and rest in the meantime.." I say, making sure he knew to stay in bed. I wasn't sure of what injury he was given by the demon so until we figure it out he should probably rest.

"O-okay..! I-if you say s-so.." The boy was blushing as he stays in the bed. I head back downstairs to the boar boy.

"Hello sir.. Please don't try to speak anymore.. your voice is very strained and it will get worse." I was a little worried about this boy. I gently pick him up and take him into the room with the yellow haired boy.

I lay the boar boy on the bed and go into the supply room to get the medicine for them.

- 10 minutes later

"Please drink the medicine! Y your condition will only get worse!!" I yell, trying to shove the medicine to him.

For the past 10 minutes I was struggling to get the yellow haired boy, Zenitsu, to drink the medicine.

"No! It smells bad!!" I scoff, the medicine might smell bad but it will help him a lot!

"Please just take the medicine!! You really need to take it!!" I say to him, panicking a little. Was I so useless I couldn't even get this boy to drink some medicine..?

I hear someone enter the room, I turn my head and see a boy with matron eyes and dark hair. He was Tanjiro Kamado, I heard about him from Muichiro, apparently he's a demon slayer with a demon. But he was accepted my the master..?

"Oh uhm.. hello." I kindly wave to him. He smiles and look up at me.

"Oh hello.. what's wrong with Zenitsu..?" He asks, a little concerned about his friend.

"He was injured by a demon.. I keep trying to get him to have his medicine so he feels better but he doesn't want it." I say a little embarrased.

"Zenitsu, why won't you drink the medicine?" Tanjiro asks him. He both look at Zenitsu. He sighs, taking the medicine from my hands and drinking it.

"Thank you very much! I've been trying for 10 minutes!" I say to Kamado. Thank goodness he took his medicine.

"Your welcome. Are you a demon slayer?" He asks me, I look back up at him, trying to find a way to explain to him.

"Yes.. I'm a hashira.." the boy turns his head to me confused.

"I just seen all the hashiras earlier today? I was actually out on trial.." He says confused. He walked towards one of the empty beds and sat down on the edge.

"I've been recovering from a bad injury.." I explain to him, hoping he understands.

"Oh.. that makes sense. I really hope your okay, and you heal soon." My eyes shift to his in surprise.

Nobody's ever said something so sweet to me before.

I smile kindly in gratitude to him. He's a very kind boy..

"Thank you very much.. your such a kind boy." I say a little embarrased, trying to say something nice to him back.

His eyes light up and he looks back at me.

"Your a very kind girl too. I bet your an amazing hashira." I smile back at him.

"You know, you can come to the butterfly mansion any day you'd like to train. I'd love to see you get better, you have great potential." I say to him, I seen his desire and dignity in his eyes. I wanted him to get better, because I like him alot..

He turns his head down a little slightly hiding his blushing face.

"Only if you'll be here with me.." he says. I giggle at his remarks.

"Of course." 🩷

---

I really enjoyed this little Tanjiro dynamic so I'm probably going to make a part 2 :)