The Change

My vision is blurry as I wake up
Blinking my eyes,groggily, I yawned and started to get another day in hell started.

I did the same routine as i did yesterday, though gaz actually wasn't there which was always a good thing in my book.

I did find it strange though, I swear Gaz barely goes out unless it's out to Bloaty's PizzaHog.
I knew for certain it wasn't for school.

I wonder if she actually has friends to hang out with or... boyfriend.

  I gagged at the thought.

I finished up my cereal, as I swished my tongue over my teeth, I hate when cereal gets stuck in my teeth.

I grabbed my backpack and headed out to the world.

I stepped out and closed the door.
Yet again another chill ran up my spine.

Why are these cold chills happening to me so often now?

I shook it off, and headed off to school.

I approached school but something seemed off like everything seemed to have calmed down 10 times more than the usual craziness that occurs here everyday.

Walking through the doors, I saw people going down the halls calmly and having nice and quiet conversations.

I approached my locker and I rolled my eyes as I saw the same couple from yesterday, making out.

I started to walk up, getting ready to shove them out the way and as I was a foot away. They all of a sudden just stopped kissing and pulled apart.

And they just look at each other,as they were in some kind of trance. They took each others hands and started to walk down the hallways.

I have never been so confused of what just occurred.

Why is everything so strange today, it doesn't make sense, everything was normal yesterday..

I sighed,leaving the thought alone..for now.

I got to my math class and saw the most
unbelievable moment I thought I would never see.

The teacher was actually...doing her job.

She was printing out some worksheets and started to walk down the rows of the desks and give them out to the students herself.

I watched her finish giving the worksheets out, she walked back to her desk as she turned her head and smiled at me.

The look she gave me, felt like I had entered another world and I was on a strange planet.

I just sat down at my desk and look at my worksheet.

What...it's algebra..it's actually work and not some 5th grade crap..

The edge of my lip raised up, for once I was actually happy to be here.

I excitedly started working, the feeling of using my brain for once instead of being numb all day.

As I working on my worksheet I glanced around the room to the other students and they actually working on it too and not shooting spitballs or making out at the back of the classroom.

I quickly finished my worksheet and I looked over my worked and made sure I made no mistakes.

I got up and turned it in.

The teachers glanced at my finished worksheet, "Oh, you're already done?".

"Yes I am", I spoke softly.