HELL II - THE FALLEN CELESTIAL CLUB

Since I started working as a Rescue Agent, I've had the chance to experience many things. I'll be honest: many of them I didn't like, in fact, probably about three-quarters of them... or maybe even more. Nevertheless, I've managed to establish a method of evaluating missions, which comes down to a simple "yes" or "no." The "yes" missions are the ones that are normal, perhaps a bit boring, but nothing too unsettling. The "no" missions can be of various types: like one with a doctor cut in half and Nathan being splattered – that can easily be considered part of that category. I had just met that boy, and I must say he didn't make a bad impression on me: he seemed nice, a bit awkward perhaps, but at the beginning, so was I.

Throughout the journey back to headquarters, he didn't utter a word, but I understand why: it probably wasn't a fantastic experience for him. For some time now, there had been rumors of this serial killer of rescuers – according to Fireclose, it was likely some gigantic being with brute strength, judging from the state in which he left his victims.

When we arrived at headquarters, Luna welcomed us and informed the General through a series of gestures.

"What? A call from the Order of Health?" Luna nodded. "And what did they want?"

She made more hand gestures. "I understand."

"What did she say?" Steven grumbled.

"She said that the Order of Health heard about another case of murder by this serial killer and has organized a meeting to establish safety measures for us rescuers."

"But our headquarters isn't a secret from the laypeople, is it?" I asked perplexed.

"Yes, it is. But if our location were to leak, we'd be in enormous danger."

Nathan looked at me strangely. "So this place is a secret refuge?"

"Oh, didn't you know? Well, yes, it is. We can't let others know where we live."

"Come on, let's go. We need to attend this meeting," the General said, heading outside.

"Wait, Steven," Gwen suddenly interrupted, "They need to stay here." She pointed to me and Nathan.

"And why is that? They are part of the team," he replied somewhat arrogantly.

"But it could be dangerous! Think about it: the Order of Health is composed of the most important doctors in Hell, and a vast number of medical professionals will be attending this meeting. Don't you think it could be a perfect hunting ground for this killer?"

Steven snorted. "Gwen, the boy is trained for dangerous situations, and the trainee... needs experience... do as I say."

"No, no! Just listen to me for once!" I had never seen Gwen shout at the General before. "Their participation is not necessary! If we can avoid putting the team in danger, we should. Isn't that our fundamental principle?"

Steven lowered his gaze with resignation. "Alright... but only because I know they wouldn't understand anything said at the meeting."

I wasn't sure if I should be offended by that last remark, but I decided to accept the decision calmly.

"We're going now, then. You already know the rules of being alone, Leo," Gwen warned.

"Yes, yes: don't answer the door, don't let strangers in, don't steal your cigarettes, don't sleep in your bed (even if it's much larger and more comfortable than mine)..."

Gwen nodded. "See you later," and she left the room.

Nathan and Luna looked at me uncertainly.

"Come on, guys! Why the long faces? We have the whole headquarters to ourselves; we can do a lot of stuff!" I exclaimed, trying to change the subject quickly.