001. halloween from hell

chapter one halloween from hell

chapter one
halloween from hell

Madelyn let out a small sigh as she stood in her room

Madelyn let out a small sigh as she stood in her room. It was Halloween and the girl still hadn't chosen what she was wearing to the frat party that her and her friends had been invited to. She looked at the three outfits she was deciding between.

It was either: an 80s girl, a laker girl or princess Leia.

The girl looked at the three outfits, tilting her head to the side to try as if it would help her decide. She already knew that Nick was going as Maverick from Top Gun – mainly because he already had the jacket and the sunglasses (which he stole from Chad) so only had to wear a pair of jeans and white top.

"Whatcha thinking?" Gale asked, standing in Madelyn's doorway.

Madelyn sighed. "I was leaning towards the laker girl outfit but I'm not sure."

"You should, I think the cheerleader outfit will suit you." Gale told her. "I know you're all about karate but cheerleading in high school could've been cool too."

"Hmm, maybe." Madelyn hummed. "Karate's fun though, like anger management but... better."

"Laker girl then." Gale stated, making Madelyn nod. "Want me to curl your hair?"

"Yes please." Madelyn smiled.

The girl grabbed her hair curler, plugging it in and turning it on. Gale took the hairbrush out of Madelyn's hand with a smile, sitting down on the bed with Madelyn settling on her stool in front of her. Gale carefully separated Madelyn's hair, curling each bit gently, making sure to use heat protectant and hairspray.

When Gale had curled Madelyn's entire head of hair, she put it up in a half up hairstyle. Madelyn smiled when her mum had finished, pulling a few strands out the front of her hair to frame her face.

"Thank you." Madelyn smiled, hugging her mum.

"You're welcome." Gale returned the hug before pulling away and pushing the girl's shoulder gently. "Now get dressed."