004. we'll be a fine line

chapter four we'll be a fine line

chapter four
we'll be a fine line

Later, the police and ambulances arrived

Later, the police and ambulances arrived. They bandaged and stitched Madelyn, Nick and Mindy up, surveying the crime scene and taking picture of everything as well as interview them all. It took all night, the group now in the late morning, sat in an ambulance with Chad and Tara. Chad and Nick stood outside, while Madelyn sat in between Mindy and Tara, her head leant against Tara's shoulder, dried tears on her cheek and a blank expression on her face.

"Chad." Ethan suddenly appeared, walking over to the group.

Chad huffed angrily, walking over to the boy and grabbing his bag, pushing him harshly against a car. "Where were you?"

"What? When?" Ethan asked confused.

"Last night."

"What?"

"I had Econ. You know this." Ethan told him.

"Bullshit, man! You disappear, and my sisters almost get killed!" Chad exclaimed.

"Dude, I was in a study hall with a hundred other people. You can ask any of them." Ethan explained.

"Fuck, man." Chad let him go.

"Oh my god." Ethan caught sight of the coroner hovering over a dead body in the alley. "Who?"

"Anika and Quinn."

"Mindy, I'm so sorry." Ethan approached the girl.

"Step the fuck back." Mindy ordered. "You're at the top of my list."

"I had Econ!" Ethan stressed.

Madelyn let out a small sigh, standing up from her seat and pulling Ethan into a hug. The boy pulled her closer, wrapping his arms around her waist, receiving an odd look from Nick.

"I'm sorry about Anika." Ethan whispered to the girl.

"It's okay, it's not your fault." Madelyn shrugged. "You promise you were in Econ?"

"I was with Anisa, you can ask her." Ethan stated.

"Were you?"

"Yeah, I finally asked her out." Ethan shrugged.