𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 3

Sabrina Pov

After work, I basically bolted out of the office. I was done and wanted to get out my chair. My eyes hurt from looking at a computer screen. The place also  sprayed unnecessarily strong air freshener from the walls every 30 minutes that made my brain physically ache. I don't even know how it works, and I honestly do not want to.

I was at a roadblock about what article to write until I heard people talking about some celebrities Met Gala looks. I had only seen some of them on twitter. I don't have any social media with my name in it. Too tired and busy to keep up with that bullshit. What do I need to share with others? Nothing. I'll admit it is a great news source though, and some of the posts are hysterical.

I successfully wrote one article detailing the "fond remembrance" of some of the past Met Gala looks. It was a weird topic to me, but apparently people are obsessed over Met looks. I took what everybody else seemed to like and dislike on twitter and just delved into research on them looks. I personally thought they weren't great, but what the hell would I know. 

I'd never be invited, but I love living vicariously through celebrities.

----:♡:----

I took the train back home, watching the glitz and glamour of downtown Manhattan disappear. I got off my stop and buzzed into my building.

Everyone needs a place to let the mask they show the world off at. I chose mine to be a shoebox this time.

I walked in and said a quick hello to Vienna, and gave her some food and kisses. I cuddled with her for a couple minutes watching Modern Family. I also loved living through them. What I wouldn't give to have a family again. 

I decided it was time to get off my ass and do some work. I had an article due every Thursday, so today I submitted mine. But I wanted to at least get a head start on next week's so I could have my weekend free. Which usually consists of sitting in my bed watching movies and eating cheese sticks. 

A thought popped into my mind though. There was a pretty nice hotel a couple blocks from my apartment. I thought I would study some of the women's style there, and maybe get some ideas. I dressed up in a normal outfit of just a black off the shoulder top and wide legged pants.

 I packed up my notebook, hoping to just get a drink and write down stuff for my blog. I threw on a faux fur coat and some sunglasses. Sunglasses might be a little dramatic for winter, but I always thought they made outfits look more stylish, and I am dramatic. I said bye to Vienna with a quick hug, and started the walk.

----:♡:----

Entering the hotel, the warm air greeted and relaxed me. That comfort disappeared and was replaced with an uncomfortable feeling. The place was probably one of the fanciest places I've seen in all 22 years of living. It looked like something straight out of a movie.

I just felt out of place. I was good at acting like I was confident. My sister used to say 90% of life is confidence, and no one knows if it's real or not. I live by that statement.

The lobby was filled with fancy people dressed in formal dresses and tuxes. All the women were wearing real fancy fur coats. I could smell the money on them. I looked down at my outfit and immediately regretted it. Trying to semi fit in, I held my head high and walked to the bar. I ordered a french martini and found a table.