𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 4

Daniel POV

Today was thankfully a relaxing Thursday. I still had an unimportant meeting to attend at the Hilton. That place sometimes makes me dizzy. The carpets, chandeliers, and ceilings sometimes blend together. I was getting my paperwork ready and neatly organized it in my bag when I heard the door fling open.

"Daniel!", I heard Brinley say in a sing-songy voice. "Hi Brinley, how was work today?" I asked. "Oh nothing special, just the usual. Actually I did train that new girl Sabrina, you met her in my office." My head perked up at the sound of her name. 

"She seems nice, but is very bland looking. My PR said that I should hire outside of my comfort zone. She wrote a good article, but she is definitely not a normal employee I would usually hire." 

Ah, Sabrina. The woman I had the pleasure of meeting on the elevator. In all honesty, I couldn't stop thinking about her. I think she is anything but bland. Brinley has a specific look she likes though, and it is certainly not Sabrina.

Brinley had her hair and makeup done and looked like she was going somewhere nice.

"So who are you meeting with tonight, same guy?" I asked Brinley. 

"Yeah, I think we both are starting to grow feelings for each other. Just a couple months left, and maybe it will turn out as my second chance." 

Brinley and I had an arrangement that we could see whoever we wanted, but we just had to stay married because of the prenup.

When I met Brinley, she was completely different, and was the light of my life. She was not financially stable or responsible though. I didn't mind, but my family did. 

They made us sign a prenup with a four years of marriage clause. If we divorced, Brinley would have no money and be forced to sell her magazine and internet companies to us. She cheated on me quite often, and when I found out I was heartbroken.

Marriage to me meant marriage to my family in their eyes. It came with strings attached at the neck.

My family was old money. My grandfather was in the oil industry, and that's where our generational money came from. Money and business were very important to my parents, more important than family. 

The Wikapedia page on my family doesn't exactly tell you our personal lives and family issues. Just enough to know who we are.

We have too much money that we don't even know what to do with it. It's a double edged sword sometimes.

As much as I resented Brinley, I still cared for her. I didn't want her to lose what she worked for. I agreed she could see whoever she wanted, if she acted like we were married for appearances. We only had under a year left though. We didn't mind each others company, so we are basically just roommates.

She told me I could see other people as well. It still felt wrong to me, and I had never met someone who would make me consider that. 

Until Sabrina. I didn't even know much about her. I couldn't find anything about her online. Even after looking at her name on Brinley's sheet to make sure I had the correct spelling. 

I feel silly saying this, but she gave me that "this is a once in a lifetime girl"  feeling. She had a great aura. Sounding like an idiot saying this to myself, thinking of her still made me smile.